Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
SoFloSubie
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 421250
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green and Gold

Default Anderson Design Fabrication

This will be a complete and comprehensive review on my experience on working with Anderson Design Fabrication. Please sub or follow along if your interested in hearing how this process goes along, it has already been quiet and interesting one.

I want to start with a time line of events, so please look at the noted dates with detailed information on what happened on each date.

31AUG2016 - I first contacted Patrick (owner/fabricator) looking into a 2" lift for my 2000 Legacy Outback

01SEP2016 - Pat responds back, extremely helpfully explains the need for multilink spacers in the rear due to the CV angles

02SEP2016 TO 08SEP2016 - Pat is extremely helpful and knowledgeable suggesting and informing me of almost all possibilities and parameters of my potential lift

26SEP2016 - I'm ready to buy, and tell Pat I'm going with a 4" lift; Pat asks me if I would like all the pieces powder coated for an additional $90; I said sure I would love that, and asked to do it in WRB if possible (I'm already spending $850 on the lift so I might as well get it pretty); Pat sends me the details of the invoice which breaks down as this:

"For 4" kit for a 00 Outback

850 for the kit,
85 for the adjustable pitch stopper
90 for powder coating (typically black) unless you want another one which i think i can work out now"

(That is a direct copy and paste of what his email said; I'm being completely transparent here)

27SEP2016 - I request for the invoice to be sent my way

29SEP2016 - "Any news on that invoice?" (Exact email sent to Pat, still haven't received the invoice by that point (48 hours)

30SEP2016 - I receive the invoice

01OCT2016 - Invoice is paid

Now, directly taken from ADF's website, Pat claims that his turn around for a 4" lift for a 2000 Outback is 3+ weeks (at the time of purchase the website stated 2 to 3 weeks for build turn around, factor a week for shipping so all in all 4 weeks max-ish)

24OCT2016 - Pat reaches out to me and sends the following email:

"Hey Ian! We are running a lot behind right now.. Just got finished with a huge job so we are trying to finish yours up this week and get it out to you.. Sorry about the wait.. Ill throw some extra stickers in there for you"

Sounds good to me, whatever I guess.. we're all human and happens, I get it.

29NOV2016 - (Still no kit) I fire off a WTF email to Pat:

"Quiet honestly, I'm very disappointed Patrick. Your website states that you have a lead time of roughly 3 weeks. Then you email me at 3 and half weeks saying it will be out within the next week. It is now going on 9 weeks. There are a lot of questions that deserve answers."

30NOV2016 - Pat apologizes, offers to refund $175 for the powder coating and pitch stopper; I accept his offer and basically say he better shape up because this isn't good business for him (I would copy this email but some personal information is in it along with names of other clients)

12DEC2016 - Kit arrives in two packages (this is a rough date for arrival; I never received tracking info; they did arrive this week and one package arrived a day before the other). Now flash back to 26th of September, and I asked for the WRB powder coat, and he said it was possible to do it in another color... well it came it black (am I surprised that it's wrong, no; am I just happy to finally have it, yes)

So now what should have been done before the year is over, I'm now in the heart of the holidays, and it will have to wait until the year is over.

20DEC2016 - I ask Pat for any literature he has with regards to lift so I don't go in blind; he sends me information on a 2" lift, not a 4" lift (yes this is a big difference because a 2" lift doesn't have spacers for the subframe as well as other components)

I brush it off because my buddy wasn't available to get it done, I had a road trip coming up, it was the holidays, whatever. At the end of the day, after multiple mess ups this was just no surprise honestly.

After dropping the kit off at my buddy's shop, he inspected the entire kit and found that there are some pieces missing, 1 cross member nut and washer, in addition to all 4 rear strut tophat nuts.

20JAN2017 - I ask Pat to send those missing pieces as well as the necessary literature with regards to the lift; he apologizes and sends the proper instructions and asks me to text him a picture of everything laid out, I guess doubting my need for additional parts. I sent the attached picture..

Here is a screen shot of our texts..

I gave him the address to my buddy's house so he would just get the parts directly since he already had my entire lift kit.

Now I'm excited.. holy crap.. this is actually happening. The next week I got my new wheels mounted on some tires and I was amped! Called my buddy and scheduled the work for the weekend of February 3rd

02FEB2017 - My buddy gives me a call saying he still hasn't received those remaining pieces; beyond pissed, I quickly fire off a text to Pat, "So we're those bolts ever sent out? Was trying to do the lift this weekend but he hasn't got anything sent to that address"

03FEB2017 - "Sorry man! It'll go out today! Rear top spacer nuts and washers for the front"

DUDE?!? YOU HAD TWO WEEKS! We are now looking at 126 days since the date I paid the invoice, and I still don't have a complete lift kit

So here we are, the date is currently February 7th and my car is still and stock height..

I'm obviously frustrated, but this has been a rough experience thus far. I will keep this as updated as I can as the pieces go on. I don't want to give my final word until the entire job is complete, I feel like that is only fair.

Last edited by SoFloSubie; 02-14-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Image Add
SoFloSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
SoFloSubie
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green and Gold

I already have an update for today!

06FEB2017 - Remaining nuts and washers have arrived, thus completing my kit entirely.

I had dropped the car off to get the work done this week anyways, so the process is now underway for the finished and final project

Last edited by SoFloSubie; 05-13-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
SoFloSubie
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green and Gold

The car is now complete, as of Friday, 10FEB2017. I picked the car up and took it on a small roadie from North Jersey to the Syracuse area. While I do completely love the way it looks there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out.

1. The steering is kinda crap right now, and yes I have gotten am alignment since the install (I had +2° camber on my front wheels) have to figure out if it's because of the bigger wheel/tire setup or something else

2. Wheel spacers are very foreign with me so I need to figure that situation out as well. I have a friend who has a friend selling 20mm ISC spacers, I figure I may get them and mount them to the wheel, and then proceed to get it all balanced, since technically they aren't part of the hub.. idk looking for some help here.

3. The tires I currently have are "temporary" from the standpoint that I will use them until they are not good, but I will be going up a size 235/70/15 to 235/75/15. Mainly using them to see what further mods I may need to minimize rubbing

Last edited by SoFloSubie; 05-13-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:51 AM   #4
TheSloth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 425046
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
Blue

I know this is a little late, but did you ever get your kinks worked out?
I was planning on doing this to my 2000 OBW too. I have heard great things about ADF products. My brother got their lift kit for his GL wagon and it took almost four months to get it.
TheSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
TheRealKelso
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 438359
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy Outback
Red

Question 4 inch lift tire specs?

Do you guys know how big of tires i should get for my 98 outback with the adf 4 inch lift?
TheRealKelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 AM   #6
TheSloth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 425046
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKelso View Post
Do you guys know how big of tires i should get for my 98 outback with the adf 4 inch lift?
Have you done any researching? I have found so many people that use all different sizes. It all depends on where and what type of terrain you plan on driving on.

Most of the info that I have found people are dropping in size. From a 16" or 17" to a 15" wheel. So that a way they can fit a bigger tire under their car. 235/70R15 is one of the most common sizes to get. Also getting a LT tire for increased durability helps if you are doing some backcountry driving.

Also check out subaruoutback.org they have a lot more information.

Last edited by TheSloth; 06-11-2017 at 07:20 PM.
TheSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
SoFloSubie
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green and Gold

Jumping onto my way dead thread to say that this car has been sold as of Early March 2020 to a gentleman named Sam who lives in Ohio