Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 460881
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Default AWE Tuning Touring exhaust wrx

My exhaust search started well before I got my car. Watching videos and reading reviews, it takes awhile for me, at least, to narrow it down to one exhaust to buy. I wanted to keep the quad tips, mufflers, and resonated. It seems like anything of quality other than Invidia has a $1k+ price tag. I swallowed that pill and just wanted to get something that looked and sounded great. I almost just went with the Q300 just to save some money, but I’m so glad that I didn’t and tried something different. I narrowed it down to a newer exhaust system for the WRX that doesn’t seem to have much feedback yet anywhere, but they seem to make high quality products for other performance cars. I reached out to the guys at AWE Tuning and asked a few questions about it and they were super helpful. I was quoted 6 weeks lead time when placing the order, but it showed up 2 weeks later. Everything showed up packed nicely and the presentation of the tips is pretty clever; in their own box with a blow pop. They looked amazing; glad I went with a 4” tip system as well. The bumper cutouts are filled perfectly now.
I was a little skeptical of a slip fit system with clamps instead of flanges with nuts and bolts. Let me tell you, this exhaust fits this car perfectly. Everything slipped together smoothly and those clamps are no joke. They’re legit and different that others I’ve used in the past. There won’t be any leaks there - my dad was so impressed with those and he’s a lifelong mechanic. That’s saying a lot. Got everything all tight and situated, then started it up. That sound and moment right there made any concern about the price non existent. What a change - if the stock exhaust is a 3/10, and the Q300 a 4, then this is probably a 6. It is noticeably louder, but really only when you want it to be. And when it is, the sound is addicting. It’s not loud or obnoxious, but just refined and throaty. Even on the FA20, it makes it sound more like a Subaru should. It definitely puts a smile on my face and I’m very satisfied. I’m very picky and have a lot of requirements for an exhaust, but this one checks all of the boxes, and has a lifetime warranty - made in the USA. I will post some videos some time soon, but here’s some pics below.

https://i.imgur.com/3rjZgrp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/okhgpLx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kuk8nWw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dFX85ME.jpg
LeMikeJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
IMPORTIMAGE
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (617)

Member#: 79304
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
CALL 941-257-9618
www.ImportImageRacing.com

Awe makes a great product, great review! We are happy to sell and stock them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open Daily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#1-941-257-9618 AIM= importimagerace

Best Deals on
!!! Let us Beat your Lowest Price Quote!!!!!

<>
IMPORTIMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
OhThatHurt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 490876
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

Default AWE Touring Exhaust

@LeMikeJames - Thanks for the review. The AWE Touring exhaust is on my short list.
OhThatHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Thanks - definitely a high quality system. Zero complaints whatsoever. Sounds awesome... will be loading sound clips this weekend.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #5
AZsubi18
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491763
Chapter/Region: SWIC

I love these exhausts! I’ve been dying for someone to upload a real sound clip. So I take it it’s worth the $1200 price tag?
AZsubi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #6
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Yes, 100%. The other one I was really liking was the Grimmspeed, but that one is even more. The touring is perfect for a DD esp if there’s any plans of a j pipe down the road. Makes the car feel faster now even though it’s not, and it sounds amazing.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #7
AZsubi18
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMikeJames View Post
Yes, 100%. The other one I was really liking was the Grimmspeed, but that one is even more. The touring is perfect for a DD esp if there’s any plans of a j pipe down the road. Makes the car feel faster now even though it’s not, and it sounds amazing.
You have any video clips of it yet?
Old 09-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #8
AZsubi18
Scooby Newbie

I was thinking about the track version but was kind of afraid it was going to be too obnoxious and sound like a Honda
Old 10-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #9
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Default AWE Tuning Touring exhaust wrx

I’ll have someone record me doing a drive by soon, but for now...

https://youtu.be/kl3ok1u_pFA
Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 PM   #10
AZsubi18
Scooby Newbie

My track version came in today will have it installed this weekend and I'll post a video
Old 10-30-2018, 07:32 PM   #11
Falcon WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 400310
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Based on our conversations a few months back we were basically looking for the same things so it's great to read the positive review.

The other CBE I was seriously considering was Corsa's. I only hear positive reviews about that one too and apparently it drones even less than the stock exhaust. However it didn't sound as deep/refined as AWE Tuning based on the videos I watched.

When flooring it, is the AWE about twice as loud as stock? What about when cruising?

I still can't decide between the Touring vs Track Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsubi18 View Post
My track version came in today will have it installed this weekend and I'll post a video
Did you get a chance to install your exhaust?

You're the only person I've seen with the Track Edition for the WRX so would love to hear your thoughts.

Really curious how many times louder it is vs stock WOT and cruising.
Falcon WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #12
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

I would definitely recommend the touring. I’m not the type of person to want something as loud as a no muffler track version, but all personal preference. I can’t speak to anything about the track, but the touring version is probably a 5-6 if the stock is a 3. When cruising it’s definitely deeper for the most part, and a bit louder. The tone changes most, it’s a great sound. Either way I do know it’s a very high quality system and looks great.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
Falcon WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 400310
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
I would definitely recommend the touring. I’m not the type of person to want something as loud as a no muffler track version, but all personal preference. I can’t speak to anything about the track, but the touring version is probably a 5-6 if the stock is a 3. When cruising it’s definitely deeper for the most part, and a bit louder. The tone changes most, it’s a great sound. Either way I do know it’s a very high quality system and looks great.
Good point about the tone. When I heard how deep and refined it sounded AWE Tuning immediately made it in my top 2. It's now the only exhaust I want after reading you talk about the craftsmanship.

I am definitely getting an exhaust made by this company. I think I am just holding back due to the price. It's even more expensive in Canada (shipping+currency). Which makes the Tracking a bit enticing being about $300 cheaper. Just waiting for a review to gauge just how loud and possibly obnoxious it sounds haha. I will probably get the Touring in the end.
Falcon WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #14
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Maybe a Black Friday sale will happen? Right around the corner. This is one of the few exhausts that makes the EL FA20 sound like an UEL Subaru IMO. I love it.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #15
OhThatHurt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

I found a deal on FB and ordered the AWE touring edition for my STI. Can wait to receive it.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #16
OhThatHurt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

Installed my AWE Touring edition exhaust today. Sound is just what I was hoping for.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #17
IMPORTIMAGE
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
CALL 941-257-9618

Quote:
Maybe a Black Friday sale will happen? Right around the corner. This is one of the few exhausts that makes the EL FA20 sound like an UEL Subaru IMO. I love it.
count on it we are reducing stock

Open Daily

Best Deals on

<>
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #18
IMPORTIMAGE
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
CALL 941-257-9618

double post

Open Daily

Best Deals on

<>

Last edited by IMPORTIMAGE; 11-11-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: double post :(
Old 11-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #19
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Awesome, thanks Josh! Be on the lookout all...
Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #20
Delta1880
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486714
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Limited
Pure Red

Any good deals coming down the pipe?
Delta1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #21
dltr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485110
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2017 STI
White

Thanks for the review! I am looking for an exhaust like this one.
dltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #22
Special_k4130
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 413689
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
CWP

Thanks for the review...yours was one of the few available for the AWE Touring to refer to when I was sifting through exhaust options and I'm glad I chose the same. Addicting is the right word for how it sounds! After installing it yesterday I've been taking random trips just to hear it lol.
Special_k4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #23
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

I’m glad that it was helpful for someone! Like you, when I’m doing my research I base a lot of my decisions based off of reviews by my peers, so it definitely helps. I’ve had mine for almost a year now and I would still recommend it 100%. It’s so nice to be able to remove the tips and clean them, too. Great looking and sounding system.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #24
DryIce307
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 61879
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Ltd
WRB

Does anyone who has this have any experience with the black tips? I’m curious if there’s any issues with the black paint Chipping/coming off over time. On a previous car the exhaust I had had black tips and after the first year or so it started chipping and falling off. It looked terrible till it came off completely and I ended up with chrome tips
DryIce307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
rishabr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520274
Cool

Quote:
I’m glad that it was helpful for someone! Like you, when I’m doing my research I base a lot of my decisions based off of reviews by my peers, so it definitely helps. I’ve had mine for almost a year now and I would still recommend it 100%. It’s so nice to be able to remove the tips and clean them, too. Great looking and sounding system.
hey man, i this is a bit late but i have a 2019 wrx limited and I'm torn between the awe touring and the invidia r400, not sure if you have seen the r400 on the streets or with friends but if you have, how would you describe the 2 against each other?
rishabr is offline   Reply With Quote