Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 3, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
bjagd02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 454365
Default Throttle Body Gasket and IACV Question

Hi,

2012 sport limited hatchback, no mods

When I let go of the brake on a flat surface, the car slowly inches forward and the engine pulses slightly. In another car I had, this was because of a dirty throttle body. Therefore, I would like to clean it. I just have a couple questions as I am getting mixed signals from my research.

1. If you suggest trying something else first, let me know. I have replaced both O2 sensors a couple weeks ago.

2. Does this car have an idle air control valve? I cannot seem to find a part for it that fits my model. The reason I ask is because it's been suggested to clean this along with the throttle body.

3. Is this the correct gasket for the throttle body? Obviously it is stated as such, but the reason I ask is because I've seen ones that supposedly fit my car that look completely different.

https://www.autozone.com/gaskets/tbi...733/788684_0_0

4. Are there any other gaskets to be aware of for this cleaning?

Thank you!
bjagd02 is offline   Reply With Quote