Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-01-2022, 01:50 PM   #1
schnugee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 407064
Chapter/Region: South East
Default 09 Outback XT maintenance recommendations

I'm a former 09' STI owner, current Outback XT owner. Roughly 135k miles, and I have some discretionary income. I asked my local mechanic to evaluate what would be needed to keep my wagon running well for the next few years. His approach would be to order all dealership / OEM parts. From my limited experience with the heavily modded STI I purchased, I know that there are some amazing aftermarket options. I just don't know how many apply to Outbacks, as well as STIs.

As I begin my research, I thought I'd ask the community here if they have any recommendations for a quality performance shop in my region (I'm in Baton Rouge, LA) to work with, or good resources to compare the costs vs. benefits of aftermarket items for the following:

Timing belt, pulleys, water pump, bracket
Power Steering pump
Front suspension:
Rack & Pinion
Lower Control Arms
Ball Joints
Tie Rods (outer)

I'll need to dig through my records, but I got great recommendation for a CV shaft supplier in the past from this community. Thank you for reading, and anything you can offer to point me in the direction of good information!

God bless,
Eric
schnugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #2
bluesubie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 767
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 FXT
20 OB Onyx XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnugee View Post
I'm a former 09' STI owner, current Outback XT owner. Roughly 135k miles, and I have some discretionary income. I asked my local mechanic to evaluate what would be needed to keep my wagon running well for the next few years. His approach would be to order all dealership / OEM parts. From my limited experience with the heavily modded STI I purchased, I know that there are some amazing aftermarket options. I just don't know how many apply to Outbacks, as well as STIs.

As I begin my research, I thought I'd ask the community here if they have any recommendations for a quality performance shop in my region (I'm in Baton Rouge, LA) to work with, or good resources to compare the costs vs. benefits of aftermarket items for the following:

Timing belt, pulleys, water pump, bracket
Power Steering pump
Front suspension:
Rack & Pinion
Lower Control Arms
Ball Joints
Tie Rods (outer)

I'll need to dig through my records, but I got great recommendation for a CV shaft supplier in the past from this community. Thank you for reading, and anything you can offer to point me in the direction of good information!

God bless,
Eric
Sold my FXT with over 190k and replaced the timing belt, but nothing else from your list. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to replace all of those items if you want to be super cautious and have the money.

My high dollar repairs were a blown turbo and a burnt exhaust valve. Great info here:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...2005-2009.109/
bluesubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #3
schnugee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 407064
Chapter/Region: South East
Default A few finds, updates

So Here are a few of my findings so far (if anyone directly knows better, please let me know):
Timing belt, pulleys, water pump, bracket - AISIN
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...MuwAj1hU9Ytclo
Rack & pinion - Mavall Steering Rack - https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...ebuild.310513/
Front CV shafts - https://www.raxles.com/
schnugee is offline   Reply With Quote