Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #1
Blob05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516808
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza wrx
Silver

Default Restrictor Pill Low Boost

I've looked around at several posts and the Cobb website but either it isn't there (doubtful) or just can't find it.
In short I'm not hitting correct boost, the car in question:
2005 Impreza Wrx Wagon
Catted tbe
Grimspeed catless up
AP v3 with stage 2 ACN91 map loaded

Had no issues off the bat. First weekish of driving no major knock issues, no change in DAM etc. was hitting just shy of 16psi and noticing a major change in power. Although the tbe, up pipe and AP were all done at the same time.

Fast forward 2 weeks and starting to replace some hoses I recalled the stage 2 ots tune requires the removal of the restrictor pill. So on top of replacing some vacuum lines, changing out the coolant and reflashing the ecu I took to the road for a test drive.

Car runs "fine", no knock, dam at 16 but it will NOT go above 10 psi. I am still learning alot as I go and am very new to the Subaru life. Thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to just say, look you dumb idiot just do 123 and itll fix xyz. Thought of putting the "pill" back in but since Cobb is veeery adamant about following the map notes exactly I figure its best to stay out. Very confused at this point.

Or a paste of some reading material that apparently I missed...any help would be much appreciated.
Blob05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links