Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
BoostinAWD_05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313035
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
Crystal White Pearl

Default Fuel drop at high RPM WOT

Hoping you guys can maybe help me out with a fuel issue I’m having.

Data logging via Cobb Accessport V3. Base fuel pressure set on an Aeromotive 13109 at 50psi without vacuum line 40psi with vacuum line. IAG fuel rails and -6 fuel line kit installed. Series fueling. 1,000cc ID injectors. AEM 320lph drop in fuel pump. 3rd gear pulls from 2500 RPM to 6500 RPM. Max boost around 18psi. Fuel pressure holds steady with a steady increase up to about 5000 RPM at 63psi of fuel. From 5000 to 6500 RPM my fuel pressure drops and I’m losing about 7psi. I’ve taken the fuel pump out and doubled up the o-rings, swapped fuel pumps and checked every fuel connection under the hood with no signs of leaks. Vacuum line on the FPR I have T’d into my bypass valve vacuum and all connections are zip tied.

The regulator as far as I know is the last piece of the puzzle that I haven’t verified. I purchased it brand new about a month ago from a local shop called Oakos Automotive. I dropped off the regulator and they will be sending it back to Aeromotive for a possible warranty. They will bench test it and verify if anything is wrong.

I’m just trying to stay ahead of the curve here… If the regulator checks out to be alright, what else in my system could possibly cause this issue. I’m stuck on a detuned 93 octane map until I can figure this out. Anxiously waiting to pump e85.

Any information will be appreciated.
BoostinAWD_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
BoostinAWD_05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313035
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
Crystal White Pearl

2016 Subaru STI - Full Mod List
***8226; Cobb Stage 3 + Flex Fuel
SF Intake + Air Box
3" downpipe
3" catback
1000cc injectors
AEM 320lph
Fuel pressure sensor kit
Fuel pressure regulator kit <<<< Relocated to T off from bypass valve vacuum instead of manifold. FPR replaced with Aeromotive 13109.
Flex fuel ethanol sensor kit
***8226; Cobb turbo inlet
***8226; Cobb 3-Port boost control solenoid
***8226; IAG Street Series AOS
***8226; IAG TGV delete
***8226; IAG V2 fuel rails <<<< Series fueling
***8226; IAG -6 braided fuel line <<<< Series fueling
***8226; Aeromotive FPR 13109 <<<< Series fueling
***8226; BCP x500 Turbo with GrimmSpeed Wastegate Bracket
***8226; Tial MV-S 38mm wastegate <<<< Spring set up Black & Red; 1 Bar
***8226; Killer B header and EWG uppipe combo
***8226; Killer B oil pickup
***8226; Killer B baffle windage tray
***8226; LIC air pump delete plates
BoostinAWD_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
nysti06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261347
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

im actually having the same problem just swapped in, i just started tuning.
IAG fuel Railes,Lines, ID 1300cc, Aeromotive FPR, Walbaro 450. and as i build boost it leans out. runing at 50PSI, 40PSI unplugged.
im going to check my voltage on the pump, and hopefully a different FPR let me know what you find.
nysti06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
Coleman84
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 399086
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX-sti swap
Pearl white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinAWD_05 View Post
2016 Subaru STI – Full Mod List
• Cobb Stage 3 + Flex Fuel
SF Intake + Air Box
3” downpipe
3” catback
1000cc injectors
AEM 320lph
Fuel pressure sensor kit
Fuel pressure regulator kit <<<< Relocated to T off from bypass valve vacuum instead of manifold. FPR replaced with Aeromotive 13109.
Flex fuel ethanol sensor kit
• Cobb turbo inlet
• Cobb 3-Port boost control solenoid
• IAG Street Series AOS
• IAG TGV delete
• IAG V2 fuel rails <<<< Series fueling
• IAG -6 braided fuel line <<<< Series fueling
• Aeromotive FPR 13109 <<<< Series fueling
• BCP x500 Turbo with GrimmSpeed Wastegate Bracket
• Tial MV-S 38mm wastegate <<<< Spring set up Black & Red; 1 Bar
• Killer B header and EWG uppipe combo
• Killer B oil pickup
• Killer B baffle windage tray
• LIC air pump delete plates
What kind of numbers are you pulling down or expect?
Coleman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
osvaldopavon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431332
Default Fuel pressure falling

With my STI 2015 built engine i'm actually having low fuel pressure at high RPM, the regulator is set to 43psi.

The first two runs on the dyno are good but around the third pass the pressure start to fall back from 70psi to 38 and some times to 35 and we have to quit around 6800rpm.

Two new fuel pumps were tested, the regulator is new and working correctly, we also test the voltage at the pump with the engine at 6800rpm it indicates 12.8v. Also connect the pump directly to the battery ant run test, all the same.

What is causing this? we don't now yet. Something is happening between the regulator and the pump and that is getting us crazy and frustrated.

If anyone knows anything that can help us to fix this, please post your comments, will be very appreciated.

Thanks
Osvaldo
osvaldopavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
julio6969
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 233556
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
08 sti
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by osvaldopavon View Post
With my STI 2015 built engine i'm actually having low fuel pressure at high RPM, the regulator is set to 43psi.

The first two runs on the dyno are good but around the third pass the pressure start to fall back from 70psi to 38 and some times to 35 and we have to quit around 6800rpm.

Two new fuel pumps were tested, the regulator is new and working correctly, we also test the voltage at the pump with the engine at 6800rpm it indicates 12.8v. Also connect the pump directly to the battery ant run test, all the same.

What is causing this? we don't now yet. Something is happening between the regulator and the pump and that is getting us crazy and frustrated.

If anyone knows anything that can help us to fix this, please post your comments, will be very appreciated.

Thanks
Osvaldo
similar issue, you ever find the solution?
julio6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #7
jdmsti2006
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343447

Having a similar issue.
Did you ever find the solution to this?
jdmsti2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:51 AM   #8
Foxrider0314
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 517955

Having the same issue.. id2000s radium surge tank walbro 450 and aem340 the 340 is on Hobbs switch having the same issue base pressure is 47 and above 6k rpm it leans out I'm also running aeromotive fpr -8feed -6 return... Any help would be appreciated... Rises 1:1 until I hit full boost then it goes lean.. injector duty cycle is around 75 80...
Foxrider0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #9
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrider0314 View Post
Having the same issue.. id2000s radium surge tank walbro 450 and aem340 the 340 is on Hobbs switch having the same issue base pressure is 47 and above 6k rpm it leans out I'm also running aeromotive fpr -8feed -6 return... Any help would be appreciated... Rises 1:1 until I hit full boost then it goes lean.. injector duty cycle is around 75 80...
I would suspect the 340 or Hobbs. Process of elimination; direct wire the pump, if that doesn't work, swap out the pump. If that doesn't work, the 340 might not be enough for a higher flowing fuel like E85.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote