Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
ARSENALGOONER
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 277391
Vehicle:
2017 STI Limited
WRB

Default Autobarn Subaru in Countryside, IL

I just bought my third Subaru from Mario at Autobarn Subaru in Countryside, IL (near SW side of Chicago area). I suppose the fact that I've purchased three vehicles from the same salesman and dealership should probably tell you that I think they're a pretty good place to do business with.

We've purchased a 2010 Impreza, 2012 WRX hatch, and a 2017 STI Limited. Each time, we have walked away feeling like we got a fair deal. I happen to really appreciate the way Mario treats us each time we're there, so we're not trying to get every single last dollar off the cost of the car- I'd like him to make some money as well. The negotiation on the cost of the STI (which we actually ordered) was pretty easy. I knew what a fair cost for the car (without the extras I eventually ended up adding) was from on-line research, asked for that, allowed some wiggle room for the big ticket upgrade of the SPT Exhaust, and we shook hands closer to my original offer than the dealership's.

Again, I wasn't looking to get every last penny out of it, so I can't speak to what it's like to try to play hardball with them. And, I've only ever dealt with Mario as a salesman, so I can't speak to the other sales folks. Mario is the best however, and he'll treat you with respect. He also has a really good memory- some of the stuff he's remembered about my wife and I is amazing- makes you feel like a friend more than another potential sale.

I have taken my car to the Autobarn for regular maintenance and the folks in maintenance are courteous and polite. I had an aftermarket exhaust installed on my 2012 WRX- had an excellent low rumble that you can pretty much hear if you're anywhere near it- and I never heard the service folks abusing the car while maintaining it. All in all they seemed very professional.

Autobarn doesn't seem to get the same sort of attention (good or bad) that a lot of other dealerships in the Chicago area do, so I wanted to at least put in a good word for them, and Mario, as I think folks will be pretty happy with their experience.

(And if you're looking for a SWP 2012 WRX Hatch with a little over 50K on it and an awesome exhaust, check them out! Car probably needs new brake pads soon, but I can vouch that it was well taken care of by me!)
ARSENALGOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Meeyatch1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 392979

Happy to hear the positive review. I am looking for a good dealer to buy a new Subaru from since my local dealer is crap!
Meeyatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #3
mgenarella
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485640

I just bought my first Subaru also from AutoBarn of countryside and the were great to deal with. Saved me more money than other dealers in the southern Chicago suburbs.
mgenarella is offline   Reply With Quote