Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 19, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-20-2020, 02:24 AM   #101
JSR84
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469585

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaeus View Post
Very helpful thread!

anyone know the best place to ground the brown analog ground wire on an x series AEM gauge? Grounding to chassis is making my readings off on my AP3.

AEM Instructions call for a ďsensor groundĒ but itís not clear exactly where this is. Cant find a description of each wire on sensor harness - tried black but it donít work.
Sensor Ground is the grounding point the ECM references ground for all the sensors. It's done like this to ensure the sensors have a common reference to ground and eliminate any potential voltage offset. You can locate the sensor ground wire in the Factory Service Manual.
The pin outs differ from year to year so ensure you have the correct FSM. On my 09 STi the Rear O2 sensor ground was a Yellow and Green wire on ECM connector B135 pin 30. The Rear O2 signal was a white wire, on ECM connector B135 pin 4. If you connect them a few inches down from the connector it saves you from having to punch wire through the firewall.

I originally used the same grounding location as the I had the controller ground but I had an offset between the AP and the gauge reading. Once I switched to sensor ground the offset was gone. I definitely recommend using sensor ground if your wideband's analog output has a ground wire.
JSR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2020, 01:12 AM   #102
badaily16
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469025

I'm currently doing the wiring in my 06 sti. I have the aem side wiring done and was taking apart my rear o2 sensor wires and noticed the blue and white wires are linked into each other for some reason. Looks like it was from one of the previous owners. Is this a concern or should I go ahead and continue with the install? Any help is appreciated.
badaily16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:22 AM   #103
idaeus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 239430
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 STI sedan
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR84 View Post
Sensor Ground is the grounding point the ECM references ground for all the sensors. It's done like this to ensure the sensors have a common reference to ground and eliminate any potential voltage offset. You can locate the sensor ground wire in the Factory Service Manual.
The pin outs differ from year to year so ensure you have the correct FSM. On my 09 STi the Rear O2 sensor ground was a Yellow and Green wire on ECM connector B135 pin 30. The Rear O2 signal was a white wire, on ECM connector B135 pin 4. If you connect them a few inches down from the connector it saves you from having to punch wire through the firewall.

I originally used the same grounding location as the I had the controller ground but I had an offset between the AP and the gauge reading. Once I switched to sensor ground the offset was gone. I definitely recommend using sensor ground if your wideband's analog output has a ground wire.
JSR84, Thanks for the additional background on this topic, Iím going to look at to it more using this because I still have not solved the problem.
idaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #104
Sniperx9119
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498555
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2020 Wrx
Crystal Black Silica

Has anyone successfully done this with a 04 wrx? Im pretty sure I have everything wired up correctly but once the sensor gets heated my Voltage on the AP pegs at 1.25V is this something that needs to be changed with ATR?

Last edited by Sniperx9119; 04-29-2020 at 06:42 AM.
Sniperx9119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #105
r8888
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493601

does anyone know how to have AFR reading on Acessport instead of Voltage. I've rescaled the parameter on Cobb AT already. I'm confused, don't know what I did wrong.

Thank you.
r8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #106
splitoris
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 433063

Is it worth the extra money to just buy the iwire kit?
splitoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #107
JSR84
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469585

Its pretty easy to do without needing a kit..
JSR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #108
splitoris
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 433063

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR84 View Post
Its pretty easy to do without needing a kit..
Will the Visconti cable help? Going to get new shortblock Iím so whatever is cleanest and easiest. I will be doing tgv and getting flex fuel if that matters?
I also see the spartan kit with sensor for 125 it can get viscount for half off and just get the sensor for 90? Or would I need the uego controller?

Last edited by splitoris; 09-10-2020 at 07:15 PM.
splitoris is offline   Reply With Quote