Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
GiBBy_21
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 379794
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
09 impreza
pearl white

Default 09 impreza sedan LIFT

hey guys and gals im currently lifting my 09 Subaru impreza sedan 2.5i 1" all the way around. I was wondering if anyone else has done so and what's the biggest tire I can fit???

I'm starting off with a 1" spacer lift and was thinking of running a 215/65/16 with a BfGoodrich KO2

Last edited by GiBBy_21; 04-07-2020 at 04:37 PM.
GiBBy_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Steakboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513182

I’m in process of lifting my 2013 WRX. I can fit 215/70/15 safely. Check out this website. https://www.rallitek.com/blog/lifted...re-size-chart/
Steakboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
GiBBy_21
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
09 impreza
pearl white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakboy View Post
I’m in process of lifting my 2013 WRX. I can fit 215/70/15 safely. Check out this website. https://www.rallitek.com/blog/lifted...re-size-chart/
THANKS MAN ILL CHECK IT OUT. This is my first subaru
Old 04-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #4
Steakboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513182

For lifting you may want these websites to help with figment.
https://www.willtheyfit.com
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

And General rules of thumb for lifting; For every 2” up, 2inches of subframe drop will he need. (So you don’t kill your axles, bushings, and alignment.)
Steakboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:32 PM   #5
GiBBy_21
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
09 impreza
pearl white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakboy View Post
For lifting you may want these websites to help with figment.
https://www.willtheyfit.com
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

And General rules of thumb for lifting; For every 2” up, 2inches of subframe drop will he need. (So you don’t kill your axles, bushings, and alignment.)
Im doing a 1" spacer lift for now until I decide to do a full conversion lift. I was thinking of going with a 215/65/16
Old 06-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #6
cbishop
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514985

Were you looking at just the strut spacer? I'm looking at doing a 2" lift on my Impreza with a RalliTEK kit that includes both the strut spacers and the subframe spacers. Not sure if a 1" lift is a small enough change to allow the alignment adjustment to be able to compensate.
cbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
Djentleman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 512559

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiBBy_21 View Post
hey guys and gals im currently lifting my 09 Subaru impreza sedan 2.5i 1" all the way around. I was wondering if anyone else has done so and what's the biggest tire I can fit???

I'm starting off with a 1" spacer lift and was thinking of running a 215/65/16 with a BfGoodrich KO2
Hey, I'm wondering how your lift went as I'm planning to do the same. Any problems you came across since?
Djentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #8
Cerealsavage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480947

Has anyone done the lift with Forester struts like the older models?
Cerealsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #9
wagnercr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 398645
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Wagon
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealsavage View Post
I just finished doing that on a 2014 hatch this week. I have a 2" subframe drop. My front wheels have slightly positive camber right now. I just ordered new camber double camber bolts to correct that. I also put extended exhaust hangers around the muffler to account for the 2" subframe drop. I'm now running 215/65R16 Geolandar G015s on stock wheels.

Other note: I also replaced my spare with a 155/90R16 to match the 27" tire height. It barely fits in the spare well. I slightly trimmed the plastic at the rear. The cargo floor sits maybe 1/2" high, held up by the spare tire. I have the cargo tray on top of that, so it's really not noticeable.
wagnercr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #10
Hankgs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158152
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Aspen White

Lightbulb 2008 LIFTED Impreza Sedan Dirt Car

Hey all, I am picking up an 08 Impreza sedan tomorrow... Anderson Design lift going on, 15" steelies and General AT tires, cutting front bumper, Roof rack with LED light bar on the front of the rack, trim and cut wheel wells and install wheel well covers... Then I spray the car in www.monstaliner.com
I've done 3 old Crown Vic Police Interceptors with the above treatment, this will be the first Subie.... Stay tuned!
Hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:49 PM   #11
ForestryPolarBear09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528143
Vehicle:
09 Hatchback
Charcoal Grey

Default 09 lifted Hatch

I am currently lifting my 09 hatchback and wanting to know if the forester struts will do the trick. Im looking to add 2-3 inches and the forestry struts seem to do that but after researching it seems I need subframe spacers as well?
Any other pieces I would need in order to make sure its done right?
ForestryPolarBear09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:31 AM   #12
Grienke
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528298
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
WRB

I only looked at the most recent comment's timestamp, apologies for necro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealsavage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestryPolarBear09 View Post
I am currently lifting my 09 hatchback and wanting to know if the forester struts will do the trick. Im looking to add 2-3 inches and the forestry struts seem to do that but after researching it seems I need subframe spacers as well?
Any other pieces I would need in order to make sure its done right?
Sorry to semi-hijack, figured I'd chime in. I have a 2011 2.5i Hatch on Forester struts. It should net you just under 3" from stock. This works for 08-11 Imprezas, and 08-14 WRXs

If you haven't already found resources yes it is possible and yes it is done. Most people will recommend that you use subframe spacers due to gen3 Foz struts pushing the envelope of CV angle on our Imprezas. I myself and many others run Foz struts just fine without spacers, so ymmv

You will need 09-13 Forester struts, either adjustable trailing arms or the rear subframe spacers to center your rear wheel, and adjustable rear lower control arms make the install easier but are not necessary if you're willing to muscle the lower strut bolt into place. You will need front camber bolts to correct the positive lean.
Grienke is offline   Reply With Quote