Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > BRZ Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #1
Chi_San
Scooby Guru

Member#: 53558
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
White/Silver/Black 3tone

Default 2022 BRZ looks awesome

I just saw a preview video on YouTube of the 2022 BRZ. It looks pretty amazing.

My ONLY question is, does it still have the big dip in Torque that the 2.0 had?

Well, I guess it's not my only question. Is the suspension much different from the 2020 version? Or did they hold it over?
Chi_San is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #2
Jumpy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 48235
Chapter/Region: SWIC

Jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #3
DL15STi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 429214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_San View Post
I just saw a preview video on YouTube of the 2022 BRZ. It looks pretty amazing.

My ONLY question is, does it still have the big dip in Torque that the 2.0 had?

Well, I guess it's not my only question. Is the suspension much different from the 2020 version? Or did they hold it over?

DL15STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #4
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2021 Building
It Better

I have been in the "choose a toy car" phase for over a year. Just made the final decision. It will be a silver BRZ limited with a proper 6 speed manual transmission. I don't want a convertible, so this really is the hard top Miata. I want the handling and don't need a ton of power. It'll be a toy, so in the garage under a cover quite often along with my son's S2000.

If you're interested, here's what lost out that was in the final considerations: Lotus Emira as the newness and first release configuration will put all cars well over a hundred grand and when supply catches up, they'll do what Lotuses do and drop to half that. Next was the Porsche 718 Cayman that I bounced around various trims. Base because inexpensive, GT4 because the wife agreed to take Germany delivery at Liepzig, where the test track is that customers get to try with Porsche's cars and lastly, the GTS as I would sorta prefer a less stiff suspension. In the end, the price, my dislike of the PDK one I drove and the fact that there are lots of people near me who hate Porsche drivers and I just decided no. The GT-R was in the running as was a used NSX but I just could not get by not having a proper manual transmission.

Back to the BRZ, I am especially happy that I can get it without the sunroof and with manual seats.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote