Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Tribeca Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
hocky11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 106386
Default Help! Need to change a brake light.

Has anyone had to change a brake light in their Tribeca?

If so, how did you get to the light? Do I have to remove the rear quarter panel to get to it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
hocky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
silver2004impreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 127878
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5TS
2014 XV Crosstrek

I've never actually done one, but based upon my experience replacing brake lights on other cars, I'd say that all you have to do is pull down some of the carpet in the rear to expose the back of the light. There'll probably be 3 or 4 nuts mounted on long studs holding the tail light in. Undo those and then pull the tail light out gently. The old bulb socket should untwist (something like a quarter turn by hand) and then pull out of the back of the light. You then just pull the old bulb out of it's socket, pop the new bulb in and put everything back together the way it was when you took it apart.

Also, I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the Manassas VA area, let me know and I'll give you a hand if you want.

These are just generic instructions, but they work for 90% of the cars on the road.
silver2004impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
hocky11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 106386

Thanks for the helping hand silver but I'm in Miami Florida (bbrrrrrrrr). Also, it's not that obvious in a Tribeca. I am sure it's not rocket science but I was just wondering if there are any tricks to this before I go ripping off quarter panels and breaking stuff. Thanks again.
hocky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
Peaty
Techno Sapien

Member#: 449
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2019 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red

Open the hatch and look at the inside edge of the tail lamp. The area where the hatch will cover when closed. There are two covers you need to pop up then undo the screws underneath. The manual says to detach it by "pulling it to the rear side of the vehicle"
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote