Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
PyroguyFTW
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473226
Vehicle:
2022 WRX

Default Has anyone had any luck with the ebay brembos?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-Right-Brake-Caliper-for-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-2004-2005-2006-2007-/124250699023?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

This looks too good to be true for the price. I know they aren't brembo, but I'm not going to be hot lapping my car, only running it through mountain roads and regular spirited driving. Has anyone tried these before? The rears are comparable in price, I just wanna make sure fitment matches as well for a 15+.

Thank you!
PyroguyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
p0staldude
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299478
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Black

Interesting, I have rebuild a few of the real one and these look exactly the same from the pictures.

It looks like they don't include the pins that hold the brake pad and the metal spring that retract them, you will need these if you buy them.
p0staldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:45 AM   #3
moniKer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515649

I've been running front and rear ebay Brembos for over 10k miles, they work well.
moniKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
DustPuppy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 264105

Same thing here, got these for my 2018 WRX and the mechanic has a laundry list of issues:
OE 18" wheels need spacers in the front and are making contact with the spokes.

They don't seem to have the right bolts for the calipers, they said the pins are missing, the rears they said need to remove the splash guard.

Looking at the parts list from Subaru, they don't show the bolts on the front/rear. Does it sound right that they're not fitting?
DustPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #5
scubaboo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464859

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustPuppy View Post
Same thing here, got these for my 2018 WRX and the mechanic has a laundry list of issues:
OE 18" wheels need spacers in the front and are making contact with the spokes.

They don't seem to have the right bolts for the calipers, they said the pins are missing, the rears they said need to remove the splash guard.

Looking at the parts list from Subaru, they don't show the bolts on the front/rear. Does it sound right that they're not fitting?
Those are issues with Subaru Brembo conversions in general.

You will need wheels that clear.

STI Brembos and OE sliding caliper mounting bolts have different threads, and I assume it's the same scenario with these replicas. Hopefully those ebay parts use the same bolts as the OE Brembos so you can get them at the dealer. They are listed, my dealer looked it up and sold me some.

You will need to modify or remove splash guards to fit Brembos. I got away with bending the fronts but you will need to trim or remove the rears.
scubaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:26 PM   #6
DustPuppy
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaboo View Post
Those are issues with Subaru Brembo conversions in general.

You will need wheels that clear.

STI Brembos and OE sliding caliper mounting bolts have different threads, and I assume it's the same scenario with these replicas. Hopefully those ebay parts use the same bolts as the OE Brembos so you can get them at the dealer. They are listed, my dealer looked it up and sold me some.

You will need to modify or remove splash guards to fit Brembos. I got away with bending the fronts but you will need to trim or remove the rears.
That's a huge help, thank you. If I bout the splash guards from the STI, would they be a direct fit?
Old 04-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #7
DustPuppy
Scooby Newbie

Hm, re: wheels that clear:
I have NOPE that are WRX O.E. They come up as fitting on the subaru website for the 2017 WRX STI.

NOPE:
The 18" WRX wheels do not list as interchangeable despite having a 55 offset. Must have something to do with how the spoke metal is bored out.

Since my 17" come up as a match for 2015+, I'll use those. Damn, gonna miss my 265 footprint

Last edited by DustPuppy; 04-26-2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Wheel Info
Old 04-26-2021, 11:33 AM   #8
DustPuppy
Scooby Newbie

VERY weird. Complete parts list front and back for "Front Brakes" and "Rear Brakes" are the same for 2017 STI and 2018 WRX, except for rotors, pads, caliper and seal kit . . .
Old 04-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
PyroguyFTW
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473226
Vehicle:
2022 WRX

Bringing this back from the dead. I ordered them for my 22 for when it comes in, and will update once they're on. Just gotta paint them first and get them cured
PyroguyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:56 PM   #10
scubaboo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464859

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustPuppy View Post
That's a huge help, thank you. If I bout the splash guards from the STI, would they be a direct fit?
Yes I believe so, IIRC. Getting them on was involved though also IIRC

EDIT lol sorry old post revival
scubaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:37 AM   #11
Gamonja98
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 533444

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniKer View Post
I've been running front and rear ebay Brembos for over 10k miles, they work well.
When you installed the rear reps did you have to buy additional bolts/hardware?
Gamonja98 is offline   Reply With Quote