Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
CosmicChocolate
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508045
Default twin turbo ej208 swap in 2002 rs

ok so i need to do and engine swap in my 2002 rs. well i really like the car its my favorite body style and there are no wrx versions around my area for sale if there was i would get one instead. so im planing on swapping the engine out which is knocking like crazy and i had a few swap ideas in mind: ej207, ej205, ez30r, and the twin turbo ej208. well out of all of these the 2 cheapest engines to get are the 208 and ez30r. i really dont want to have to deal with having to fix my gauges to read that i went from a 4 cylinder to 6 cylinder and i dont really know how to do it ether but if its easier then i will. now the ej208 i heard has fitment issues in the us spec cars which might be more of a nightmare so i was wondering if it really does have fitment issues and if so what is contacting with what. im willing to work around things to make it fit and im almost 100% sure the exhaust is going to have to be completely custom so im prepared for that. i plan to fully build this car in the future it has a lot of sentimental value to me as its my first car, that being said i plan to do a manual swap later after the engine swap because my engine is dying and the trans sounds and feels alright. but any info is very helpful to me and im not sold on the 208 swap so im open to other swap ideas but i would like the engine to remain subaru (i had some guys try and get me to k20 swap it but im sold on the subie rumble)and i want something with more power. thanks
CosmicChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links