Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Skunkwise
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 345386
Default Bob Baker Subaru $500 Below Inv. - San Diego Subaru in Oceanside

I just bought my new 2018 WRX Premium for $500 below invoice from Paul at Bob Baker Subaru. I was super skeptical because I couldn't get a nearby dealer (I live in LA) to even do invoice. I tried to get the -$500 to -$1000 deal from the NJ dealer here on the forums, but apparently they don't deal with Californians anymore.

I was super skeptical about Bob Baker Subaru, figuring that maybe I'd make the 104-mile trip out there, and they would try to sneak in advertising or dealership charges, but there were none. It was literally the Edmunds invoice price minus $500 plus tax, license, registration, and an $80 doc fee. According to Google the doc fee can be as low as $65 in CA. So I guess I got burnt there ***128527;

I asked if it was cool that I share my deal on the forums and Paul said he'd be happy to extend the same deal on any Subaru to anyone on the forum. So, I guess just mention that you're from the forums and he'll cut to the chase. I was in and out of the dealership in just under and hour including the test drive. I am positive that if you are a hardcore deal hunter and price grinder, you can find a slightly better deal. But if a no-fuss $500 below invoice sounds as good to you as it did to me, there's one waiting for you in SD, CA.
Skunkwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
AJAXF1
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 485727
Vehicle:
2015 Spark EV
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkwise View Post
I just bought my new 2018 WRX Premium for $500 below invoice from Paul at Bob Baker Subaru. I was super skeptical because I couldn't get a nearby dealer (I live in LA) to even do invoice. I tried to get the -$500 to -$1000 deal from the NJ dealer here on the forums, but apparently they don't deal with Californians anymore.

I was super skeptical about Bob Baker Subaru, figuring that maybe I'd make the 104-mile trip out there, and they would try to sneak in advertising or dealership charges, but there were none. It was literally the Edmunds invoice price minus $500 plus tax, license, registration, and an $80 doc fee. According to Google the doc fee can be as low as $65 in CA. So I guess I got burnt there ***128527;

I asked if it was cool that I share my deal on the forums and Paul said he'd be happy to extend the same deal on any Subaru to anyone on the forum. So, I guess just mention that you're from the forums and he'll cut to the chase. I was in and out of the dealership in just under and hour including the test drive. I am positive that if you are a hardcore deal hunter and price grinder, you can find a slightly better deal. But if a no-fuss $500 below invoice sounds as good to you as it did to me, there's one waiting for you in SD, CA.
Any ideas if this offer is still good and if it would apply to a base WRX? I am looking to lease at the end of May or early June.
AJAXF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Skunkwise
Scooby Newbie

I don't know why it wouldn't still be available. I would try to talk to Paul and maybe let him know that you heard about the deal on the forums - Just to make it easier to cut to the chase.
When I asked him about it, he made it seem like he would honor it for anyone at any trim level.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Skunkwise
Scooby Newbie

For the record, I don't know him, nor do I receive anything for referring people to him. I just thought it'd be helpful for folks in the market
Old 10-20-2019, 01:35 AM   #5
bk1113
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507542

I am from SD Ca as well. I am looking to find the best deal on a WRX base. How much did you pay dor out the door including everything if you don't mind me asking.
bk1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:17 PM   #6
WRB_STI_14
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520922
Default bob baker sucks

salesman didn't take me seriously as a woman shopping for an STI
i bought a better one from a private seller.
WRB_STI_14 is offline   Reply With Quote