Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-18-2001, 09:13 AM   #1
BadDog
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3725
Vehicle:
2015 WRX / 1973 240Z
Triple Black

Question Child seat tether, cupholder?

OK, I've got my '97 LSi now... .... sweet....

2 Questions:

1) I popped up the little square piece of plastic in front of the rear deck speakers, hoping it was a child seat tether/anchor thingie , and it looks like it is (there's a rather large screw hole there). Can anyone confirm this and/or tell me the part # or availability of the tether "tie-down"? I supposed I could just just use one of the 3 out of my Impreza, but I'd rather not...

2) What the heck do you people do about the lack of cupholders? I NEED to drink coffee on my 45 minute commute,

oops, just remembered a 3rd:

3) Is there a well-known source of buzzing/rattling due to vibrations from the passenger side door when certain mid-bass notes are played on the stereo?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2001, 12:37 PM   #2
BadDog
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX / 1973 240Z
Triple Black

I take it your being facetious (sp?) about the plastic bag with the cupholder? If you're serious, then I've got to try and find one.... I doubt Subaru still has any for sale
But I'm glad to hear that a tether is/was available... I really need one (I've got a 2-year-old daughter )

Last edited by BadDog; 07-18-2001 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2001, 08:04 AM   #3
Flatfour
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 906
Angry Buzzing

Just dealt with the buzzing on mine 2 weeks ago....

Among the myriad of exaust heat shields which can rattle, the most clearly offensive sourse is from the center "resonator " itself

I had mine cut out and "straight piped"

Sounds better
Runs Better
No more buzz

This is a well known SVX problem, if you do a search it should yield more..
Old 07-19-2001, 09:57 AM   #4
BadDog
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX / 1973 240Z
Triple Black

Actually, I discerned that the buzzing was from the passenger side door lock... when it's locked, it buzzes far more than when it's unlocked
I ordered the tether anchors this morning, and I tried to get my door hinges lubed, but that didn't stop the door creaking.. they're saying that they'll have to make an internal adjustment in the door... maybe I'll just wait and try it myself :-)

And does anybody else's engine sound like a diesel truck firing up when you start it ?
Old 07-19-2001, 10:47 AM   #5
kvnobrien
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3861

Quote:
And does anybody else's engine sound like a diesel truck firing up when you start it ?
Nope, but i don't idle a a constant rpm. It goes up and down about 100 150rpm with 700 being the median.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
BadDog
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX / 1973 240Z
Triple Black

Well mine doesn't *idle* like a diesel... it just sounds like one during initial ignition... must have a gigantic starter motor!
Old 07-19-2001, 12:14 PM   #7
Flatfour
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 906

Your lucky on the buzzing.. If you havent had the exaust buzzing yet...you will...(unless its been dealt with already)..
Old 07-19-2001, 12:27 PM   #8
BadDog
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX / 1973 240Z
Triple Black

LOL it may very well have been dealt with already... it seems like the previous owner took very good care of her...
Now if I can just find out whether that "cupholder adapter" piece really exists or not