Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
hammerdownmb851
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514508
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
sedona red peral

Subaru Stars swapping parts from 05 to 02 wrx

So I have 2 Wrx wagons the first one(san romo red) I traded my Is300 for. It is an 05 5mt has 228k on it and its rusted completely out front to back and tons of fabrication is the only reason its on the road,motor is built according to previous owner,runs very well, had to fix 5th gear when I got it. Has cobb ss turbo back GFB blow off valve, cold air intake that pulls from fender well, after market hoses, motor supposedly has aftermarket rods pistons and cams in it, 15 psi

the other car is an 02 bone stock 4eat have service records for its entire life, not one spec of rust, (sedona red peral) clean, solid and un molested front to back, it appears that the car threw the driveshaft and it tore up the rear housing of the transmission, and somone removed the rear housing and center diff and I didnt get it with the car,...engine runs sounds fine,didnt seem like it had much compresson but started, would like to run a compression test soon

I want to take the two cars and make one I dont want to bite off more than I can chew, from what I understand a 5 speed swap is a pain in the rear, but I also understand if I put half the parts on the 02 im going to have to get it tuned anyway, im reaching out to the community to get some expert knowlage to help me on my journey. Im seeking a fun reliable daily driver, I hear the 4 eat is tough and goes better in the snow and mud ( I live in WV) I like the 5 speed but its weak,and iver already had problems, i dont care to swap motors if its what needs done, id really like to know what has been done enternaly to the 05 but im not pulling it apart just to find out,just want to get me a nice good car togeather, i have an open mind with this project and would appriciate some guidance, thank you very much in advance
hammerdownmb851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Favila889
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514902
Default Hi

Cool im wirking on a build my self for my ej22
Favila889 is offline   Reply With Quote