Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-08-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
NamGeem
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 448669
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WR Blue

Default Stohlman Subaru of Sterling

I would say my overall rating of this dealership is 3.99 / 5 Stars! This review is strictly for purchasing and not maintenance work.

I had stopped by multiple dealerships in the NOVA area to purchase a 2017 WRX or an STI. I went into this dealership to order a 2017 STI and placed an initial deposit with Jimmy.

I went home, felt terrible about the decision (because this is my first manual car) and sent an email to cancel the STI. The next day, I went back to the dealership and talked to a manager named Tom. I told him why I wanted to cancel and that I would still love to purchase a WRX. He and I talked numbers for literally 5 minutes and I was able to get a 2017 WRX Limited w/ Nav + PP#4 for invoice price + the $599 document process fee. Yes, I know that the $599 is not mandatory, but the only luck I was having in the area were offers of $1000 over invoice.

Short story, 6 weeks later my WRX arrived on 7/5 and I was told it would be ready to pick on on 7/6. I went in to get my car appraised by them and they offered 1k lower than Carmax. They would absolutely not budge on that (it was a 2014 Lexus IS350), however, they dropped off a loaner vehicle to the Carmax across the street. This way, I would be able to sell my car + deposit the bank draft, and get back to the dealership.

Everything was fine and dandy, until they showed me the vehicle. Breakdown:
1. First view of the car was before I went to Carmax. I stated that the car still had some plastic between the tire and wheel. I also told them that there were white spots where soap hadn't been cleaned before it dried properly.
2. I came back from Carmax (about 1hr later), and they said they prepped my car again. I went to look at it and there was no difference in the cleanliness of the vehicle. I told them and they said they would take care of it.
3. During this process, they were putting on my front lip. I waited another hour while this occurred and they brought the car out and said it was ready. Again, the car was NOT cleaned.
4. They got another salesperson, since Jimmy was working with another family at this time, to go take the car back and clean it. 10 minutes later, my car is driven up front and this salesperson, Eli, had literally gone back and sprayed my car down in water. He drove it up to the front with it soaking wet. At this point, Jimmy and the used car sales manager saw the car and were upset that someone would say the car is ready for delivery when it is soaking wet. At this point, the plastic between the wheel and tire was STILL THERE. So i just peeled it off.
5. Once again, they took the car back, and about 1.5 hrs later they brought the car out front. This time it looked better prepped than before.

The next day, the AGM called me and apologized. He also offered a small amount of part shop compensation.

Outside of the car prep debacle, the buying experience was great. The salesperson, Jimmy, was friendly and informative on my vehicle delivery status. Also, the dealership was running a $300 coupon for sales on 7/5 and 7/6, so they applied the $300 coupon as well as the $500 ambassador coupon. So in the end, I came out $200 under invoice + the TTL in VA (which is 4.1%).
NamGeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
nathanielzg
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 493941

I also bought my 17 WRX STI from them and my overall experience was fine and the sales person got me a pretty good deal. However, I do want to point out that they really tried to low-ball the trade-in. I had to take the appraisal from Car Max and show them and ask them to match the offer. Finally, they agreed the price on my trade-in.

The service department staff are all very nice people, they offer free VA inspection if you purchased the car from them.
nathanielzg is offline   Reply With Quote