Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Custom Fabrication, Welding & Tools

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-31-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
SightsSetStudios
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499997
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza OBS

Default Diy Single Port UEL Headers

Looking to weld up my own from some mandrel bent since it seems the only place to get a set is Inferno Fab. Just wondering if anyone had any tips? Does the ratio between the length of the two unequal pipes up to the collector matter, and if so does anyone know what it should be? Any other insight is welcome as well. Thanks.
SightsSetStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
SightsSetStudios
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499997
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza OBS

Anyone?
SightsSetStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 PM   #3
PWpaperweight
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474256

I had built my own a long time again and just went for it, it had a pretty good rumble, I did not measure the lengths just followed what I thought was the best route. It was similar to the turbo car routing but on the opposite side. I also tacked all of it on vehicle to get everything lined up properly then removed it and finished the welds. There may be some magic length but over the equal length you may loose power it just won't be noticable on this engine. Have fun with it and go for it and keep the old ones incase something doesn't work out!
PWpaperweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Hellzbellz123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506998
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza Outback
Red

Outback Sport Reply to DIY UEL Headers

Dirt Cheap daily has a good video of doing this.
i plan on doing something similar when i have the mony
cheers

Hellzbellz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
rreidnauer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516200

Since I'm not allowed to make my own post as a new user, this thread is the closest I could find to my own question.

I'm looking for a pair of RJES style exhaust manifolds. They are no longer making them. (said their molds are worn out, and demand was too low to make new ones) Is there anything else out there similar, with that 90° arrangement for extremely tight clearance issues? Perhaps someone might have a set collecting dust on a workbench?
rreidnauer is offline   Reply With Quote