Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #1
jeffambo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base Hatch
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default Weird problem, my amp turns off when I turn right, comes back on when straighten out

So, obviously I figured the power wire was taught and turning right somehow pulled on the wire disconnecting it until the car straightened out, but I went through the car and made sure the power wire had slack. So it seems like it might not be a physical issue with the power cord. I haven't checked the ground but I don't see how it could be the ground as it's short and shouldn't be affected by turning.

I'm going to go through the whole system top to bottom today and see if I can figure this thing out. I just wanted to post this here incase anyone has any suggestions, I googled this issue and couldn't find anything like this on any type of car, I might be the first one to have this problem.

It's so annoying when im blasting music while driving 'spirited' in the corn cuts, just feeling the tunes and then they just cut out. It completely ruins the mood and the next thing I know the music is off and im driving like some type of responsible adult, it's an outrage.

Probably unrelated but I replaced my steering rack bushings and didn't line the things perfectly, so the steering wheel is slightly to the right when driving straight, not sure if that could have anything to do with it.
jeffambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
legend069
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519314
Vehicle:
2004 WRX

a long time ago i had a similar problem, but that was when i installed 6x9 speakers in the back.
and when i went around corners the speakers slide around in the metal enclosure and shorted out, causing the music to stop.

is it the power wire that goes to your amp from your battery thats getting messed up?
legend069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
Pupwagn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520053

It defiantly sounds like a physical issue, Check all your grounds and power connections in the system. Could also be something line your inline fuse holder if you have one of those is grounding out against something.
Pupwagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
Shmeatwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520000

Is it the main power wire for a subwoofer box and amp? How do you have the main power wire ran? It could possibly be your amp wire connected to the stereo deck of you have an aftermarket one.
Shmeatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #5
dvs.wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522292
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
WR Pearl Blue

Did you sort this out? Curious what it might have been.
dvs.wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:34 PM   #6
jeffambo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base Hatch
Obsidian Black Pearl

yes i did and it was something to do with the connections into the headunit loose because I took out the headunit and made sure all the connections were secured and the problem went away
jeffambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:16 AM   #7
Diavolo_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522840

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffambo View Post
yes i did and it was something to do with the connections into the headunit loose because I took out the headunit and made sure all the connections were secured and the problem went away
glad you figured it out!
i have nothing to add here other than apparently this isnt an uncommon experience.
a long time ago i put a stereo in an RX7 i had, and it turned off when i made a u-turn. haha! glad to hear we're not the only ones that experienced this type of thing ever.
Diavolo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #8
BoostedTeaParty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515430
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
'19 X3 M40i

I'm having a similarly annoying problem with my self-installed system. Car is a 2017 WRX Premium. I did the full audio system: Kenwood Excelon head unit, Alpine PDR-V75 5-channel amp, Alpine Type R components (front) and coaxials (rear), JL 12W3v3 sub. I went with a Kicker 4-gauge wiring kit and high-quality RCAs.

My problem (just within the last couple months) is that when I engage the e-brake, I hear a pop from my speakers. Not sure how this could happen. I ran power cable from battery through the firewall in the driver wheel well, down driver side of car, then underneath the driver seat and under/around the center console tunnel to the floor under the passenger seat where I put the amp. I grounded the amp onto one of the passenger seat bolts.

I have no other interference in the system, so I don't understand how I'm picking up feedback from the e-brake. The stranger part is that if I have my headlights on and I engage the e-brake, there's no pop. It's only when headlights are off and I engage the e-brake does it make a pop. Any ideas would be appreciated.
BoostedTeaParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:26 PM   #9
Diavolo_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522840

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedTeaParty View Post
I'm having a similarly annoying problem with my self-installed system. Car is a 2017 WRX Premium. I did the full audio system: Kenwood Excelon head unit, Alpine PDR-V75 5-channel amp, Alpine Type R components (front) and coaxials (rear), JL 12W3v3 sub. I went with a Kicker 4-gauge wiring kit and high-quality RCAs.

My problem (just within the last couple months) is that when I engage the e-brake, I hear a pop from my speakers. Not sure how this could happen. I ran power cable from battery through the firewall in the driver wheel well, down driver side of car, then underneath the driver seat and under/around the center console tunnel to the floor under the passenger seat where I put the amp. I grounded the amp onto one of the passenger seat bolts.

I have no other interference in the system, so I don't understand how I'm picking up feedback from the e-brake. The stranger part is that if I have my headlights on and I engage the e-brake, there's no pop. It's only when headlights are off and I engage the e-brake does it make a pop. Any ideas would be appreciated.
perhaps when you are pulling up the handbrake its cutting into the power cable? or pulling on a wire. check to see if any of your wires are near the parking brake mechanism. you may also consider a different grounding point, you could even just make a temporary one with some scrap wire to see if it helps to put it somewhere else.
Diavolo_ is offline   Reply With Quote