Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Xafen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306398
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Camellia Red

Default 2012+ Impreza Hard to start? Fails to start the first time? Hard cranking? (SOLVED)

Edit: See/Google discussion over TSB 11-156-15, Reprogramming File Availability for Extended Engine Cranking (Delayed Starting).

Other TSB #s:
11-153-15R Technical Service Bulletin Reprogramming File Availability for Extended Engine Cranking May 27, 2015 [View PDF]
11-157-15 Technical Service Bulletin Reprogramming File Availability for Extended Engine Cranking (Delayed Starting) May 27, 2015 [View PDF]
11-156-15 Technical Service Bulletin Reprogramming File Availability for Extended Engine Cranking (Delayed Starting) May 27, 2015 [View PDF]

This seems like an appropriate place for most of us to declare it solved. The TSB, and the description on the TSB, VERY closely, if not exactly, describes the problem, and purports to fix it.

Tech info here for other models: http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/988...acklisting.pdf -thanks dcon9999

Misc. search terms:
hard start crank extended long rough starter

Original Post:
This issue was brought up several times in the 'News and Rumors' section under the 2012 Impreza thread. With that thread hitting its limit...

Several people have reported that they occasionally experience a car that is hard to start, or cranks hard, or simply fails to start the first time.

I have had this happen to me 4 times now, I took delivery on it December 31st. 2 times for me were at home, car cold, 2 were at work on the weekends after the car had sat for ~2-3 hours after being warm. Only one time was in "winter" cold of <20 degrees F.

The only other threads relating to hard starting are from 2002 or older...hopefully this is the correct place to post this.

I'll include all details that have electrical/mechanical bearing on the car.
2012 Impreza Premium + CVT, All-Weather Package, Fog Lights

Last edited by Xafen; 07-10-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: TSB Update/Solution
Xafen is offline   Reply With Quote