Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
Gluis
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 245584
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
07 Impreza WRX STI

Default Can anyone help me with an Aquamist system issue?

bought an HFS-3 system from Jeff Howerton in 2011 (S/N 10444) for my heavily modified 2007 STI. It worked perfectly for a long time. I don't drive my car often though. When I'm not using it, I usually fire it up once a month, let it get to operating temp, Check several things, among them that the HFS-3 is working then switch the car off and cover it again. A month ago the HFS didn't turned on. I thought it might be a minor problem and decided to check it afterwards. I did it this month. I checked fuses and connectors, measured voltage on proper pins, connection to ground, and swapped the gauge cable for a CAT6 cable to see if the cable was ok, but nothing happened. I also checked for voltage in all pins on the cable going to the gauge and none has voltage. I checked on the controller but nothing happens if the gauge is not working, so I have no clue what the problem could be. I'm out of basic troubleshooting ideas, and would love any suggestion to what might be happening. I barely use the system as I have different maps on my Accesstuner, and just use the high boost with the aquamist map when I'm up to no good (which is not very often).

I will appreciate any help to troubleshoot and fix it. Again, it worked one month, and the next didn't, without even driving the car. It seems like aquamist does not have a support department so I'm in the dark.

Thanks for the (hopefully) upcoming help!

GS
Gluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links