Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-31-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
DieselClown
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36135
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default sti exhaust?

What are the differences between my stock 05 wrx exhaust and that of the STi. I know they look the same but if I go with an up/down pipe install, can I still mate it to the Sti cb? Is there enough of a difference in power to spend about 300 for it? Also, most important of all, will it still stay quiet?
DieselClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2004, 05:21 AM   #2
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***

Member#: 64974
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselClown
What are the differences between my stock 05 wrx exhaust and that of the STi. I know they look the same but if I go with an up/down pipe install, can I still mate it to the Sti cb? Is there enough of a difference in power to spend about 300 for it? Also, most important of all, will it still stay quiet?
Hey Bud,
over here, they are NOT the same!!! You can see/hear a MAJOR difference after fitting STi Exh Complete. I would NOT fit the STD Up-pipe-(go E-Bay for A/Market with no Pre cat), other than that......make your own, it worked for me on earlier models!!

Cheers,

Sixpack Subaru
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
subieworx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 47769
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

I wouldn't bother. The only two parts that are different are the UP (cat free on the STI) and the axle back (designed to make a little more noise on the STI). Other than that they are the same.
subieworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #4
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx
I wouldn't bother. The only two parts that are different are the UP (cat free on the STI) and the axle back (designed to make a little more noise on the STI). Other than that they are the same.
Ditto. Not worth the time and money.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
InfamousDX
*** Banned ***

Member#: 25413
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

I've done an sti catback and it does no difference. It's purely for muffler looks (but you have a similar looking one already) and SLIGHTLY increased sound. It's not worth the price you would pay for it.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60324
Vehicle:
1998 RS

So the DP's are the same diameter from rex to STI?
hondaeater69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
subieworx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 47769

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaeater69
So the DP's are the same diameter from rex to STI?
Yes.
subieworx is offline   Reply With Quote