Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-06-2023, 12:54 AM   #1
HerBluePearlWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497923
Default Coolant flow direction question

Hey guys.

In the middle of a build with a large turbo.

Can someone please tell me, with certainty, just a few things about the coolant flow direction (FA20DIT)? I have asked Subaru technicians, and I have received different answers from them. I cannot find the answers anywhere. Believe me, I have searched A LOT. It's making me frustrated.

1. Is that hard line that goes to the water pump under the engine the line that flows into the engine, and is that black rubber hose connected next to the water pump the outflow from the engine?

2. Is the hose that goes from the coolant crossover vertically to the turbo flowing coolant TO the turbo, or is the hose that comes off the heater pipe the one that feeds coolant to the turbo? (coolant feed from the crossover makes sense, but one Subaru technician told me otherwise, and I am trying to make sure).

Thank you, in advance!
HerBluePearlWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2023, 11:12 AM   #2
Ferretts
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416087
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 WRX & Forester
Blue & Black

The coolant flows INTO the engine from the bottom of the radiator.

The coolant inlet for the turbo is the hose right next to the compressor outlet/charge pipe.
Ferretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
HerBluePearlWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497923

Thank you. I appreciate your time in answering.

I understand the coolant flow into the engine through the large pipe. I am wondering the coolant flow direction near the water pump in the smaller hard line and then the rubber line right near that hard line.
HerBluePearlWRX is offline   Reply With Quote