Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-03-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
thestelster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333444
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
grey

Default VDC deleted: ecu thinks its in neutral

I have a problem, as usual!!

I have done numerous mods to the car, most, I've been able to go into the ECU (Romraider) and correct. But I am having an issue that I am sure you guys can help.

My car: 2010 Impreza 2.5i MT EZ1GB10G
I have been turning it into a dedicated track car. 11.5:1 pistons, oversize injectors and fuel pump, EL headers, tons of suspension work, full weld-in roll cage etc.

I have recently deleted my VDC unit completely. Converted the brake system to front/rear instead of diagonal, deleted the brake booster and installed a smaller brake master cylinder. The car runs fine, except that it will only go to 4000rpm, feels like it hits the rev limiter. It does that in neutral or in gear. I was told by my friend, who is a Subaru service manager, that the Subaru has a failsafe that limits the engine from reving past 4000rpm in neutral. Since I deleted the VDC, and the wheels sensors which are connected to it, the ECU still thinks its still in neutral. I read that the ECU determines the gear from vehicle speed, engine rpm, and load.

So I'm thinking of just finding this particular rev limit in the ROM, and increasing it to what we set the red line to.

Will that work? But more importantly, where would I find that in the ROM? I can't find a parameter for that.

I also saw there is a "Per Gear Requested Torque" parameter in the ECUFlash, but no tables. I also read something about "Requested Torque Limit (max)(per gear).

Please help. Track season is here, and it would be nice to be able to use max power.
thestelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #2
thestelster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333444
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
grey

Well, after spending hours poring over the internet and the ROM tables I couldn't find anything. Thanks to a suggestion from Dominic Acia from Getadomtune, I disabled the DTC U0122-CAN LOST COMMUNICATION WITH VDC from EcuFlash. And Eureka, it worked. I can now rev past 4,000rpm!
thestelster is offline   Reply With Quote