Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
jkc107
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 441061
Default Fuse location for 2015+ powered seats

I just finished swapping out my WRX premium seats with seat heaters to the 2018 OEM Recaro seats. Everything fit perfectly except for the black plug underneath the driver’s seat. Since my original seats weren’t powered I’m missing the one plug that goes into the seat that allows the motors to adjust the seat position. Unless someone can direct me to a harness I should buy can anyone tell me the location of the fuse that controls the powered portion of the seat in your limited WRX/STI? I know the seat heater fuse position is 17 using a 15A fuse but I don’t see a powered seat fuse in the diagrams. If I can use an add-a-fuse somewhere to power the seat I may go that route. Thanks in advance for your advice!
jkc107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP
Let LED's light your way!

What exactly did you do?

"I just finished swapping out my WRX premium seats with seat heaters to the 2018 OEM Recaro seats."

Install a heater element and wiring <or> install an entire seat?

Just asking to clarify.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
jkc107
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-E View Post
What exactly did you do?

"I just finished swapping out my WRX premium seats with seat heaters to the 2018 OEM Recaro seats."

Install a heater element and wiring <or> install an entire seat?

Just asking to clarify.

I installed the entire seat and plugged in everything from my car’s seat harness to the seat itself. The only thing I can’t plug in is the black plug underneath the seat which powers the adjustment.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP

The power to the driver's seat comes from/through the power window circuit breaker ("PWCB").

Per the 2015 FSM:

MB-30 / SBF-4 (B) is the start point.

SBF-4 shows as a 30-ampere fused circuit.

From MB-30 to the PWCB, the wire is black with a white stripe. From the PWCB to the power seat control connector, the wire is white with a green stripe. The other side of the connector would be a black wire direct to ground.

The connector to the power seat control itself is black and the power in is a red wire and the ground is a black wire. This is what is also shown in your picture above.

There is however no clear delineation between the Power Window System diagram and the Power Seat System diagram that from MB-30 / SBF-4 (B) the harness splits into two leads. None-the-less, assume that this is in fact the case.

Now to find where the PWCB is located.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
jkc107
Scooby Newbie

Wow that’s a lot of good info. Thanks so much. I guess my next step is to find PWCB.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
jkc107
Scooby Newbie

I’m wondering if I can just simply tap into a 12v though. Would that work and be safe?
Old 05-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP

The power window relay is located within a relay-holder, passenger room side, behind the glove-box.

Again, the schematics don't show a split from the PWCB. If however this is correct that it does, then running a same or one size larger gauge wire to this connector might be adequate.

Please note that I am not make any confirmed statements of any kind and cannot be held liable for your modifications, should you so choose to do so.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:47 PM   #8
SlooBaru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 378779
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
CWP

Any update on this? I’m doing the swap on my base STI and running into the same issue
SlooBaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:43 AM   #9
brrs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 517435
Vehicle:
2001 RS

Default Trying to do the same in my WRX

Any updates on this?
brrs is offline   Reply With Quote