Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
ColoradoNick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452097
Vehicle:
2017 WRX limited
Ice Silver

Default 2017 WRX Limited with H/K Trunk PIN Access???

So the owners manual states I should have PIN access because I have the H/K system with push button start. My wife has a 2016 Outback with this feature and I use it a ton (whitewater kayaking and mountain biking).

https://www.joomag.com/magazine/suba...43824?page=109

When I follow the owners manual for setting the code it doesn't do anything though. (pressing and holding lock and then holding trunk release in addition for 5 seconds).

Has anyone set the pin access in their 15+ WRX or can confirm the car indeed has this feature? The dealer didn't know anything about it.
ColoradoNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
ColoradoNick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452097
Vehicle:
2017 WRX limited
Ice Silver

For anyone having issues with this. The manual is a little misleading. I found this online and it worked perfectly. originally I was pressing the trunk button on the remote and not the actual button on the trunk. It says for an Outback but the procedure is the same for the WRX.

Registering a PIN code
! Preparation
1. Turn off the ignition switch.
2. Close all doors (including trunk/rear gate).
3. Press and hold the LOCK button on the access key. Then all doors will be locked.
4. Press and hold the rear LOCK button on hatch within 5 sec.for more than 5 sec.
5. A chirp will sound.
6. Press the Un-Lock button on the access key while the chirp sounds.
Then the chirp will stop and the preparation is complete.
NOTE
If you do not press the Un-Lock button on the access key, the chirp will sound for 30 seconds. In this case, the preparation for registering a PIN code does not complete even if the chirp stops.
! Registration
For example, to register "32468" as the PIN code, perform the following procedure.
Outback:
1. Press the rear LOCK button three times.
2. After a buzzer (ding) sounds once, press the rear lock button twice.
3. After a buzzer (ding) sounds once, press the rear lock button four times.
4. After a buzzer (ding) sounds once, press the rear lock button six times.
5. After a buzzer (ding) sounds once, press the rear lock button eight times.
6. Perform steps 1 to 5 again within approximately 30 seconds after the chirp starts sounding intermittently.
7. All doors (including rear gate) will be unlocked and locked. Then the PIN code will be registered.
NOTE
. Press the trunk opener button/rear lock button ten times to enter "0".
. If you make an error during the registration procedure, press the LOCK or HATCH button on the access key.
Then, start over from the procedure described in "Preparation".
ColoradoNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #3
SamsMK
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481225

2015 sti limited with push button and cant get this to work at all.. sorry, bringing thisback from the dead because i want to use the feature
SamsMK is offline   Reply With Quote