Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #1476
nickel n dimin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459231
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

2012 wrx base
Mileage: 57000
Codes: p0171 lean bank 1

been in and out of the shop when i have the car seems to get the cel after i park the car from driving not while driving.
nickel n dimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #1477
R3dg3cko Rob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 443017
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX STI
Grey

2011 sti 30800 miles. driving home after work on cruise control (just under 80mph) on the highway and the following lights came on;

CEL: on constantly
Traction control off: on constantly
Cruise: blinking
S: blinking

P0301 and p0302 - cylinder 1 and 2 missfire

Dropped me out of cruise control and the car now feels a little sluggish compared to this morning.

Only bought the car yesterday! It's booked in with Subaru for recall work tomorrow morning but I didn't buy it from them so will have to book it in later in the week.

Last edited by R3dg3cko Rob; 12-20-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Adding error codes
R3dg3cko Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #1478
Plank Ton
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460086
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 9-2x Aero
Blue

Code: P0420
Year/Make/Model 2005: WRX
Mileage: 130k
Fix for problem: none so far

Mechanic wants to replace both cats. No driving issues. Everything is stock.
Plank Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #1479
PogueEthics
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463609

New User. Will post my issue else where as well.

CEL: P0600. Almost always on (90% of the time).
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. I'm the 2nd owner.
Miles: 96K
Cruise (not working) and abs blinking. Hill assist doesn't work.

I've owned the car for roughly 5-6 years. Been struggling with the CEL almost the whole time. I've taken it 5 or 6 different dealerships across America while it was under warranty and nobody could find a solve. I gave up hope, but moved to a state where I need to pass e checks, so that CEL needs to go.

One dealership seemed the closest. Unfortunately they didn't have loaners and I needed my car back, so they did a quick fix without resolving the problem (at my direction). I reached out to them and this is what the service record says:

Cause: FOUND MANY WIRING HARNESS PROBLEMS. NONE RELATED TO CAN CODES. GROUND BLOCK VERY CORODED UNDER FUXE BOX. MANY BARE WIRES IN FUSE BOX. FUSES CORODED.

After I got it back the CEL was off for 5-6 months and came back on. Just recently I went into my fuse box, pulled each fuse, cleaned it up, and put it back in. All fuses looked fine. I followed all the grounds I could find and cleaned them up, nothing looked that bad.

Still currently have the CEL and not sure where to go next. Close to taking it into the shop again but I'd love to find a solution.
PogueEthics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #1480
Canesh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 437201

I joined a while ago, but haven't made many posts, if any.
anyway.
I've been getting CEL P0420 for months, if not, years. At first it was intermittent (on for a week, off for a month). Now it's been on for 3 months solid. I need an emissions test next month. if anyone has found the correct cat for an '08 Subaru Impreza, with the NON-Turbo 2.5 L Engine, PLEASE mention me. I'll turn on instant notifications for this.
Thanks in advance.
Canesh
Canesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #1481
ilikefunkymusic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464298

2001 Forester s
p04020 always on

the cat has been stinkin forever.
ilikefunkymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #1482
Ibeingram
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465161
Default HELP ME PLEASE p0011 cel

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkis View Post
Purpose: Did your Scooby throw a cel?

Help us to see what is common with subarus, every car line has problems accross the line, with the thread we can see what kind of problems subaru is experiencing, what are the most common causes of the CEL to come on on a scoobie.

So please post, your cars, year, make, model and mileage, what cel code you have gotton, the code and definition.

If it was fixed, please include what was done to rectify the the problem.

Things not to post.
If you have a high flow cat and keep getting cat efficiency codes.

this is a reference thread meant to help those who have from stock to slightly moddified vehicles.

lets see how it goes.

Thanks everyone.

Please try to use this format for posting to the log, then add your comments below the entry.

Code: Defintion
Year/Make/Model
Mileage:
Fix for problem:
Sorry I'm new to this forum and just need some advice.

I bought my 08 wrx from a small dealer and drove off the lot to immediately get a cel!!! I tried returning it and they would not allow it! BS right?!

Anyways it's the dreaded p0011 code " a camshaft intake too far adavanced"

Btw I have read tons on this code but nothing's helped so here's my story:

-Timing belt has been replaced perfectly
-oil has been changed
-banjo bolt filters removed (I don't think the 08's come with them)
-cam shaft sensor replaced
-ocv solenoid has been cleaned and believed to be operating well
(Note: the sencor for the ocv was covered in very dirty oil but was cleaned and light still came back on.)
-vacuum lines are not leaking

So that's where I'm at, car seems to run just fine and sounds just as good. I have a aftermarket typhoon intake and Idk what the exhaust is but it is aftermarket.

Somebody please point me in the right direction. This dealership f'ed me over big. (Lux motors Tacoma, WA)

Thank you for the read
Ibeingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #1483
Mrcrowley206
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465342
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Black

4th cyl misfire, where to start?
Mrcrowley206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #1484
Bray33
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465470
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default 2015 WRX p0102 p0113 read off AP.......

So I had been noticing that my battery was going bad and before I could find out why, She dies on me as the light turns green!! I am at a stop light and as I begin to release clutch I notice her go all BLACK, I mean Nothing. So I pushed her into a lot and waited for roadside. As I waited someone help try and jumpstart her (older car and battery), I coud get her to turn twice at most and then nothing. When the tow truck arrived he hooked his huge cables up and she came alive!! so I was going to get a new battery but on my way she stalled out and my check eng. traction con. ABS. Hill assist were on and the cruise control was flashing. I tried to start her right away and barley but she started. continued on and got new battery, starts strong now........but now I have a p0102 p0113 code off my cobb ap and noticed one other but is now gone. I unplug maf and car dies, I am under the impression that means maf sensor isn't bad. Correct? potential reasons= 2015 WRX base. Perrin cold air intake. grimspeed electric boost controller. Turbo XS Hybrid BOV. Nameless axleback 4in Mufflers. Tuned on Mustang Dyno Stage 1 93. by Strictly Performance Motorsports on 3/23/17 Need some pointers!! She is a rescue, salvaged/Rebuit.
Bray33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #1485
Bray33
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

FYI- Was hit by a drunk driver back on 2/9. The drunk ripped my divers door OFF, I mean GONE. and water was sprying in car from high pressure hose for about 30 sec. before I collected myself and pulled away from water inside of car was soaked.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #1486
Bray33
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default 2015 WRX base p0102 p0113

MAF reading 0 volts after installing perrin cia CEL, hill assist, ABS and cruise blinking. Help! also had right rear wheel fixed and a speed sensor came up on mechanics obd II and now is not showing any longer, may be an issue?
Old 04-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #1487
DaRandius
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466209
Default 2002 Subaru Outback CELs

My daughter has a 2002 Outback that threw the following CELs:
Fault log report generated by Torque for Android ================================================= Vehicle VIN: Vehicle Manufacturer: Vehicle Calibration ID:
Current Fault Log ------------------
P0304: Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction "A" Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0604: Internal Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM) Error
Internal control module memory check sum error
P1518: Starter switch circuit low input

Pending Fault Log ------------------
P0456: Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (very small leak, check fuel cap, piping, etc)
Evaporative emission control system malfunction
Historic Fault Log ------------------ ECU reports no historic faults Other discovered fault codes (possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific) ----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged
End of report.

I believe that I may have cleared up the P304 error when I changed plugs and wires. The O2 Sensors were both changed a couple of years ago, but I may go ahead and change the downstream sensor to clear the P340 code.

The code that I cannot find anything on is the P604 code. I'm also not sure about the P1518 code - Starter Switch Low Input. From what I've read here and elsewhere, a loose wire could be causing some of these problems.

The main symptom of the problem is that the car will be idling and just dies. It immediately restarts, but this can present a problem in traffic. My daughter also says that it has died while driving down the road.

I intend to clear the codes and check it again to ensure that the change of plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc helped.

Can anyone provide me any thoughts or insight of how I should approach this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Randy
DaRandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #1488
80toy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 363392
Vehicle:
2009 WRX

Angry

P0410 secondary air injection
2009 WRX, 90,000 miles

Recall work was performed this issue on Tuesday of this week. They replaced the relay. The CEL is back today with the same code. Resolution pending, calling the dealer tomorrow.
80toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #1489
4ChUnZFooL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 276663
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Crystal White

P000D Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
2015 STI, 62,000 miles

CEL Comes on after a day and a half to 2 days. Will stay on for a while, then shut off after a few days. It will then come back on.

Had swapped out the sensor, had Banjo Filters Removed, AVCS Solenoids were deemed fine by the mechanic. Was told to change from 5w30 to 5w40, clear the code and see if it comes up. Still trying to troubleshoot.
4ChUnZFooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:46 AM   #1490
Calebgail
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461159
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5L AT
White

Default P0028

My 06 impreza is spitting a P0028 code and the cruise control light is also flashing. Just did my head gaskets and timing but am not sure why the code and cruise control are showing up. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Calebgail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:11 AM   #1491
damiancds
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265718
Default Multiple CEL's

Got a few here (i've been lazy i've had some of these for quite a while)

first things first

2006 Impreza 2.5i Wagon automatic
Mileage: 154k

P0447: Evaporative Emission system vent control circuit open
Fix for problem: Untested, but recent research suggests the wiring for one of the connectors on the rear of the charcoal canister may be bad (either due to corrosion, or a break)

P0452: Evaporative emission system pressure sensor/ switch low
Fix for problem: still researching

P0851: Park/ Neutral switch input circuit low
Fix for problem:
still researching

P1443: Generic dtc code (as listed by inspection paper)
fix for problem:
still researching

That said, i will be checking what lines i can for restrictions.

another thing to note is that my CEL comes and goes. If i drive sensibly, the CEL has a better chance of staying off, but if I want to, i can fluctuate the throttle fast and sharp and the CEL will come on damn near instantly.
damiancds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #1492
tpickle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 471606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STI
WRB

Question P0453 Sensor High with Recirc BOV installed

02 WRX

110,XXX miles (maybe)
FP Green Turbo
Helix 820cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump

Purchased the car with a front mount intercooler and TurboXS bov venting fully to atmosphere.
I installed a Turbosmart recirculating valve.
After driving around for 15+ minutes I get CEL:

P0453 Evap System Pressure Sensor High Input.

I reinstall the TurboXS bov and reset codes and it does not throw it anymore.
I reinstall the Turbosmart recirculating valve thinking, maybe it was a fluke.
After 15+ minutes driving around town it pops same CEL.
I reinstall the TurboXS bov and reset codes and it does not throw it anymore.

Driving was just normal around town stuff under 45mph, not pushing it hard at all.

Seems like simple fix, just vent to atmosphere, but I can't figure out why it would do that when it recircs the charged air back into the system.

Anyone have any theories/ideas?
tpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #1493
Distant Roots
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473140
Question P0420, what's new?

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (non-turbo)
Mileage: 136,000
Fix for problem: n/a

My car passed CA smog about 3 weeks ago and the CEL turned on last week and then turned off on the highway and then turned back on a day ago on the highway again. So if I passed smog.. my catalytic converter is NOT at fault. Also, I assume if it was my cat at fault, the CEL would remain on until it's fixed. As a side note, I did remove the bottom heat shield cover that is below the rear o2 sensor but I highly doubt it would be that. I removed it because it would rattle above 3k rpm.

So I ordered a rear o2 sensor and then I checked my engine bay and notice that my rear o2 sensor and front o2 sensor look relatively new (judging by the condition of the wires) but who knows.. maybe it is at fault? The connector seems fine and the wires are not burnt. I haven't changed the rear sensor because I plan on doing a tune up and installing it during that process.

For a tune up, I plan on doing a seafoam treatment (1/2 in fuel and 1/2 in a vac line), replace pcv valve, clean maf and throttle body, replace engine/cabin air filter, change valve cover/spark plug gaskets (found a bit of oil on spark plug wire boots), change spark plug wires, change spark plugs, and... I think that's it. I know doing the entire tune up is not going to turn it off but I'm just doing it because I feel like it needs a tune up. I have read some weird causes though.. like the spark plug wires, pcv valve, type of gas, but that most of the time it's the rear o2 sensor or the cat. Wtf? Maybe marijuana in my gas tank or crankcase would help get rid of this notorious 420 code?

Anyway, my car does not idle weird or stall. It hauls and I think that my mpg is around 26/27. So any thoughts? I appreciate any help.
Distant Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #1494
Wolficus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 146738
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i wagon
black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Roots View Post
Year/Make/Model: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (non-turbo)
Mileage: 136,000
Fix for problem: n/a

My car passed CA smog about 3 weeks ago and the CEL turned on last week and then turned off on the highway and then turned back on a day ago on the highway again. So if I passed smog.. my catalytic converter is NOT at fault. Also, I assume if it was my cat at fault, the CEL would remain on until it's fixed. As a side note, I did remove the bottom heat shield cover that is below the rear o2 sensor but I highly doubt it would be that. I removed it because it would rattle above 3k rpm.

So I ordered a rear o2 sensor and then I checked my engine bay and notice that my rear o2 sensor and front o2 sensor look relatively new (judging by the condition of the wires) but who knows.. maybe it is at fault? The connector seems fine and the wires are not burnt. I haven't changed the rear sensor because I plan on doing a tune up and installing it during that process.

For a tune up, I plan on doing a seafoam treatment (1/2 in fuel and 1/2 in a vac line), replace pcv valve, clean maf and throttle body, replace engine/cabin air filter, change valve cover/spark plug gaskets (found a bit of oil on spark plug wire boots), change spark plug wires, change spark plugs, and... I think that's it. I know doing the entire tune up is not going to turn it off but I'm just doing it because I feel like it needs a tune up. I have read some weird causes though.. like the spark plug wires, pcv valve, type of gas, but that most of the time it's the rear o2 sensor or the cat. Wtf? Maybe marijuana in my gas tank or crankcase would help get rid of this notorious 420 code?

Anyway, my car does not idle weird or stall. It hauls and I think that my mpg is around 26/27. So any thoughts? I appreciate any help.
Actually...it can be your cat just starting to go. When mine started to go out it did similar.
Whenever the cat cooled off the light came on.
Wolficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 PM   #1495
Distant Roots
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolficus View Post
Actually...it can be your cat just starting to go. When mine started to go out it did similar.
Whenever the cat cooled off the light came on.
darn ):
Distant Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #1496
JoeybSwap
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463937

02 wrx jdm swap from auto to 5speed everything working properly besides a cel in getting p0851 low circuit .. I cleaned it still getting the cel. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem everything works fine
JoeybSwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #1497
Nick trujillo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474377
Vehicle:
03 Wrx
Blue

Can anyone help , I'm trying to smog my wrx I have no cel on at this time , but when I plug in code reader it says all computers are solid then if I hit the gas 2 of them flash a couple of times then go solid again . The computers that flash are CA and O2 ,I don't believe it will pass at the smog place with them flashing but what is causing this or is it a issue thanks in advance it's killing me ***128545;
Nick trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #1498
WildOutWest
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474884
Default 2013 Impreza base

45000 miles on car totally stock
P0171 system lean bank 1 - looked for vacuum leaks none found, replaced maf, is my front o2 going bad? Not able to diagnose o2 sensors voltage via obd scanner? Starting to pull my hair out.
WildOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #1499
DenisDaMenace21
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 475344
Default p0301 cel code

2007 Wrx TR
110k miles.

Hi Nasioc, I got a p0301 cel on my subie, stating, "Cylinder 1 misfire." I changed the spark plugs and coils, and the compression in each cylinder is normal with them being pretty much the same compression. You guys got any other ideas, anything helps. Thanks.
DenisDaMenace21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #1500
rexinfxaw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 376391
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisDaMenace21 View Post
2007 Wrx TR
110k miles.

Hi Nasioc, I got a p0301 cel on my subie, stating, "Cylinder 1 misfire." I changed the spark plugs and coils, and the compression in each cylinder is normal with them being pretty much the same compression. You guys got any other ideas, anything helps. Thanks.
I had the same thing with my bugeye and changed out the fuel pressure regulator and hasn't come back. Also did fuel pump as well.
rexinfxaw is offline   Reply With Quote