Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2019 Macan 4cyl
1993 Impreza FWD WRX swap

Have a Nice Day? I have a bad feeling I will never get this turbo kit installed...

I dont know, this has been taking sooo freakin long guys... Ive been getting stuff for this kit since what, August? I still dont have everything I need, and im having sooo much trouble finding anyone to actually help get things installed... Even more difficulty finding all the little tidbits that are needed... And Ive already spent $2k on everything (including a jdm engine, which ive been using parts of to complete this kit, but ya it bumped up the cost)

And my deadline is march 21rst, the day before the big subaru track day down at Buttonwillow that I want the car done for. I dont want to do another track day again with so little HP and being passed by everyone and their mom

Heres a list of some of the problems I have:

1) The Vortech RRFPR I have is missing 2 fittings
2) I still dont have fittings for the oil lines or oil return (using one of the pre-screw holed oil-galley plugs for it)
3) I dont have the hoses for the oil lines or return
4) I have to figure out where to mount the wrx coolant box that will supply the coolant to the turbo
5) Need to mount the legacy turbo crossmember i have coming before I do the rest of the kit (and borrow someones borla headers to do it)
6) I need to have two pipes custom made, one small section for the intake and one 90 degree bend for the turbo to intercooler
7) I have to have a bracket for the turbo
8) I need to have the S-AFC and ITC installed before I do everything else
9) Need to deal with taping for the EGT (suggested to use the old oil gally plug and the stock 02 sensor hole in the header)
10) Have to deal with what vacum hoses I need or dont need (which deals with the custom piping as well)
11) Have to wire up the EGT, Boost guage, and also the Pump for the air-water intercooler system
12) Have to figure out where to mount the pump for the air-water system
13) Still need a radiator/tranny cooler/oil cooler for the air-water system, something that has the right dimensions to fit in the front and isnt too small (and need to figure out how to mount it)
14) Need all the piping for the air-water system (and all the other extra piping im going to need as well)
15) I cant afford to be without the car for more than one day
16) I cant afford to pay for a shop to do ALL of this stuff
17) I dont know how to do wiring myself, and cant weld myself either
18) I have the flu now

Last edited by Kostamojen; 02-27-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote