Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-10-2022, 10:24 PM   #1
ipumped
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521481
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Talking EJ20 vacuum lines help + throttle cut

Hey guys, just finishing up a EJ20X swap and have a quick question about a few vacuum lines. First off, in the linked image, I need to know where the hose labeled 1AC33 routes to originally, I've looked around pretty thoroughly in the engine bay and cant seem to find where it's supposed to connect (I have it temporarily capped), although I could have missed something. Additionally, for the ports at the back of the manifold right before the A and B labels in the image, One of them I have routed to the brake booster, and the other to the top of the BPV since I am running a FMIC, is one of these possibly incorrect, shouldn't really matter since it's all the same vacuum I was thinking?

The reason I ask is that I am currently experiencing a throttle cut when attempting to rev the motor. If I very gradually depress the accelerator, RPM will increase perfectly, but If I stab the petal the engine stutters and cuts out.

I have checked other possible issues like plugs with my laptop, there are no misfires and I'm definitely getting fuel pressure, leading me to consider that it may be a vacuum problem.

The only code I have is P0600 which is a serial communications error. I am running the original 20X engine harness with my '07 STI bulkhead, where I have only had to rewire the coolant temp sensor and delete TGV codes from my ecu via laptop, and I believe all other electrical components are good aside from the exhaust AVCS of course via checking data real time from my laptop. The ECU is from an automatic WRX, where I have grounded the pin to turn it into 'manual mode', but I am pondering if this code is something to do with a missing TCM rather than some wiring inconsistency in the engine bay. I have also run the car in open loop with no improvements.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this, and if anyone has any helpful suggestions or is able to help me with this one vacuum line, I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. this may be unrelated but there seems to be a small leak of some kind between the turbo and the PCV valve :p
ipumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links