Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
Wileycyote
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268173
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Question Fuel Smell Repair Kit 10130aa000

I'm taking off my manifold to put in a new turbo inlet and decided to pick up the fuel smell repair kit ($34) and install that while I had the manifold off. Unfortunately the kit didn't come with instructions.

The kit inclued two gaskets for the manifold. a fuel rail 17544aa135, 2 small hoses 807707130 and one larger hose 807707140.

I did some searching to find instructions, but had no luck since most people take it to the dealer for the fix. I did find some instructions on scoobymods for the older kit, but it has only two pieces. I'm hoping I can figue it out when I have the manifold off.

Since I would like to do this myself and there dosn't seem to be a DIY I was hoping someone would know of where to find the instructions for this newer fix kit.

03 wrx stage 2

Thanks for the help
Wileycyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Seventh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 263223
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5dr
SWP, 332ti

(1) Relieve fuel system pressure using the procedure from the appropriate model year repair manual under Engine section 22. Fuel. (MY 2002 page FU(DOHC TUBRO)-51, MY 2003 page FU(DOHC TUBRO)-54).
(2) Remove the intake manifold assembly as per repair manual Engine section 3. Intake manifold. (MY 2002 page FU(DOHC TUBRO)-15, MY 2003 page FU(DOHC TUBRO)-15).
Note:
The following photos show the updated fuel line and hose.
(3) Turn intake manifold on it side with the throttle body facing down on a clean work surface.
(4) Loosen the hose clamps at the ends of the steel line as shown below.

(5) To ease the removal of the steel line from the intake manifold, remove the 2 bolts holding the intake manifold wire harness protector.

(6) Remove the 3 line mounting bolts and then remove the line from the intake manifold.

(7) Install the new metal line using 3 new hoses from the kit and secure it to the manifold. The existing stainless steel clamps can be reused. Also re-install the wire harness protector bolts.
(8) After the new line and hoses have been installed, the intake manifold can be re-installed. Be sure to use the new intake manifold gaskets included in the campaign kit.

Last edited by Seventh; 02-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Wileycyote
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268173
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Talking

Yah baby! Thanks for the kick a$$ reply. Just what the Dr. Ordered
Wileycyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
WR Boxer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171395
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Java Black Pearl

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if this repair kit will work on an 04 sti? Were there major differences in the intake manifolds or fuel rails?
WR Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Cannibal
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 133023
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
Silver

I don't have an answer for you as to if this kit will work...I might have something better.

I had the fuel smell happen to me earlier this year on my '05 STi. I searched and searched to find out if anyone else had this problem. I remember finding lots of information about the earlier WRX's having the problem and Subaru coming out with a fix for it but nothing for the STi's. So I called up SOA, told them my problem, and they told me to take it to a dealer to see if the dealer could replicate. After a few tries at the dealership the problem finally happened while at the dealer. Here's the good part...the dealership then fixed the problem and Subaru paid for everything! So based on that, I would say call SOA before doing anything.
Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
WR Boxer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171395
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Java Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
I don't have an answer for you as to if this kit will work...I might have something better.

I had the fuel smell happen to me earlier this year on my '05 STi. I searched and searched to find out if anyone else had this problem. I remember finding lots of information about the earlier WRX's having the problem and Subaru coming out with a fix for it but nothing for the STi's. So I called up SOA, told them my problem, and they told me to take it to a dealer to see if the dealer could replicate. After a few tries at the dealership the problem finally happened while at the dealer. Here's the good part...the dealership then fixed the problem and Subaru paid for everything! So based on that, I would say call SOA before doing anything.
All of the dealerships in my area suck royal donkey nuts. So I will probably take my chances and see if I can't get the brand new lines to work for me. My leak is definitely coming from the lines that this kit will replace.
WR Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
Rymaster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296277
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Silver

I gotta remember to do this when I put my 16g in
Rymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
AeroBullet
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 248148
Default Fits 05 WRX but fittings are different

This kit will fit an 05 WRX, but is unnecessary on an 05 since the leaky fittings in question are identical to the ones in the stock 05. Also, the upper fittings on the kit (shown in the last photo) are not the quick-disconnect style used on the 05. You would have to remove your quick disconnect fitting and install a new hose with a clamp going to the FPR for it to work.

Thanks so much Seventh for posting the photos and info. I ordered the kit for my 05 WRX and it helped me to finally get the fuel leak fixed. The only thing it is missing is the stainless hose clamps like the stock ones.

In my first attempt (without the kit), I bought some fuel line from the auto parts store and some generic hose clamps. I wanted to replace the hoses, not just tighten the clamps, to make sure the leaks were stopped.

I found that the hose I bought fit ok, but it was just slightly larger outer diameter. Then the hose clamps I got didn't clamp tight enough on the small hoses, so I just reused the stock clamps and got everything back together, but it still leaked. The hoses have to be exactly like stock for the clamps to work. So I got this kit.

In order to get the rubber hose on the right side to mount, you'll need to disconnect everything like the photos show, then slide the hose on the fuel rail as far as it will go. Now take the fuel lines and connect it to the hose while working the hose onto the lines. Not much room to work but you will get on there after some effort. The other 2 hoses on the left connect easily after that.

The kit was still great cuz it has the hoses and the gaskets but I didn't use the metal fuel line.
AeroBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
massacremasses
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 380004
Vehicle:
2005 V7 EJ207 WRX
Black

Old post I know, but everyone keeps saying the kit is $34. I went to that website and its $73.88 now Its cheaper on subarugenuineparts now..

http://www.subarupartswebsite.com/OE...0130AA000.html
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP
Let LED's light your way!

FYI, this fuel-leak replacement kit is for the 2002 and 2003 [USDM] WRX only.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
massacremasses
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 V7 EJ207 WRX
Black

I have an 01-02 EJ207. Id imagine its the same.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #12
massacremasses
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 V7 EJ207 WRX
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I have an 01-02 EJ207. Id imagine its the same.
It was...

In case anyone else stumbles upon this...
Old 10-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
Icarian
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492338

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
It was...

In case anyone else stumbles upon this...
Thank you! I have an ej207 v8, I'm hoping this kit will work for me. Does anyone know if the gaskets supplied in this kit will work for my engine?
Icarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #14
Lazarus_2019
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 509841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-E View Post
FYI, this fuel-leak replacement kit is for the 2002 and 2003 [USDM] WRX only.
So assuming this wouldn't work on a JDM EJ205? Are the fuel lines and gaskets different between USDM and JDM?
Lazarus_2019 is offline   Reply With Quote