Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
bl5_legacy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 417600
Question JDM 2007 Legacy Manual Conversion SI Drive Problems

Good Day All

Let me see how best i can break this down.

I have a 2007 JDM Legacy Spec B with SI Drive. It came automatic and i did a manual conversion (i left the original ECU and Harness and flashed a manual rom on it)

Wired up the reverse lights, Neutral switch, Push button start etc.

Here is the scenario - All 3 Driving Modes (Intelligent, Sport & Sport Sharp) can be engaged. But when i put the car in Sport Sharp and the engine goes under 3500rpm, The ECO light on the gauge cluster comes on and i get an error under my speedometer and the the [s] starts flashing indicating that the car went back into Sport mode. I cannot change the driving mode again unless i switch off the car and start back. I never saw the ECO light come on in Sport Sharp when the car was Automatic. Tried reflashing another ROM and bricked my ECU. I took the ECU to repair and was told that i can look around for an option to get the ECO mode removed or (i dont know if i am saying this correctly) for a tuner to make some changes to the table so the ECO mode WONT come on at 3500rpm.

I spoke to a few local tuners who said they will have to look into it because they have never heard about that.

I am looking around to see if anyone has/had that issue and what general direction to go to. If there are any other wires to add/change or remove

Last edited by bl5_legacy; 08-10-2020 at 02:52 PM.
bl5_legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links