Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #26
james-30
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 430450
Vehicle:
2019 STI
Lapis Blue

Abt to have a SB daily installed into my 19 sti. Hopefully end of Feb ill be pushing 450 whp. Ive heard and read good reviews on this clutch.
james-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #27
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 366241
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerz View Post
It's on my 2011 STi so it better be the STi version. Mileage is 1-2k miles properly broken in.
Thats rated for about 465 wheel Torque. It could just be your launching ability no offense or the clutch isnt fully engaged/pressed against the flywheel. What causes that? Idk but op had a similar issue so read the top few posts
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:20 AM   #28
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Side note, im at 1700 miles and the throwout bearing has been squaking slightly at idle until i put my foot on the clutch very lightly. In gear sound goes away at 2500 rpm. Anything i should worry about? Should i replace with oem throwout?
Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 PM   #29
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Bump.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #30
Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator
Member Sales Rating: (11)

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

You have an OEM throwout, no clutch maker supplies their own as they all supply an OEM one. This is from the horse's mouth, not mine:

If you get a metallic/squealing bearing noise at idle that goes away with light pressure, you need to adjust the rod under the dash that's connected to the clutch pedal with linkage. The issue is the release bearing has pressure on it. Just a little, making the bearing skip, creating this noise. Backing off the adjustment will give the release bearing room to move back off of the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #31
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
You have an OEM throwout, no clutch maker supplies their own as they all supply an OEM one. This is from the horse's mouth, not mine:

If you get a metallic/squealing bearing noise at idle that goes away with light pressure, you need to adjust the rod under the dash that's connected to the clutch pedal with linkage. The issue is the release bearing has pressure on it. Just a little, making the bearing skip, creating this noise. Backing off the adjustment will give the release bearing room to move back off of the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate.
Just so I completely understand, the rod is extended as far as can be, if I back off the adjustment, the squeal will go away? We fully extended it as per South Bend customer service recommends. So loosen it up a bit to take the pressure off, correct?
Old 09-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #32
thwrightstuff
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358745
Vehicle:
2017 Subaru WRX
World Rally Blue

I have a 2017 WRX with 300 wtq. Has anybody put this clutch in the 15+ gen? I want to do this just because the clutch has gotten outrageously stiff since buying it and it HAS to be lighter, i'm killing me left knee
thwrightstuff is offline   Reply With Quote