Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Mr Nice Guy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107224
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 M3
Imola Red

Default How the heck do you get an ebay TMIC to fit?

I just put an TD05 18G turbo on my 06 WRX and could not get the ebay TMIC I bought to fit. It just seems too big. Is there some trick for fitting these? It seems I would have to bend parts of the body(above the AC lines) just to get it in there. Even if I got it in there though I can't see how I'd get the Throttle Body hose and the Turbo hose on at the same time. There is just no "wiggle room". If anyone has done this please let me know how you got it on there. I'm now running the stock IC and taking it easy. I'm about to buy an STi IC but I've read the ebay TMIC is better. Should I just go with the STi or will I be missing out on performance. Any help will be greatly apreciated.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote