Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-29-2022, 06:46 PM   #1
C0lsanders_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 532318
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza
Red

Default Pinout of climate control/HVAC module?

Curious if anyone happens to have a pinout map of the climate control module (HVAC) for the '16 Impreza. Doing a project where I'm using parts of a second module, and I need power for the HVAC color rings, off of the existing module, to the secondary. There's like 20 pins on the back, and I (am assuming I) only need +, -, and a variable for brightness control.
I will be tearing down one module to get at the rings that I need, and can possibly trace, but I have little hopes of that. Will also be tearing down the currently installed as well, in the end, to pigtail off the necessary, I want that step to be as quick and painless as possible, without a lot of mucking about.
I don't really want to mess around with different combinations of pins, possibly damaging internals. A map of the pins would be really helpful.
C0lsanders_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
C0lsanders_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 532318
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza
Red

For any who may have looked at this, and been curious at the time, here's the final product:

Located under my ham (amateur radio) 2m radio. Light rings are fed via the hazard light power, and therefore dim with the rest of the interior lights accordingly. Also, not too visible in these pics, is that behind the 12v Anderson Powerpoles and above/under the USB plugs is another red LED, to provide just a tad of lighting directly on and for them. Not much, just enough to see the plug.
Only issue I really have with these, is that the two rings are a bit brighter than I'd like, not exactly the same as the stock HVAC rings. I may mess with them later, either by 1. replacing the "cool white" LEDs with "warm white", or 2. adding some additional light filtering/blocking, to reduce what's getting thru to the rings. It's not really bad right now, especially considering 2m radio, which does not dim, and so the fact that these are brighter is washed out by the other.

I'll also add, due to taking the pics at night, longer exposure, plus flash, makes the vinyl and appearance look way worse than it does in actuality. It's really highlighting the imperfections that I can't see when sitting as I would, let alone while driving.
C0lsanders_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:55 PM   #3
Brentpierce
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507011

Looking nice! My buddy might like the looks for his new Impreza. It's in the shop for the installation of the new rotors and tires from 4Wheelonline. Interior mods will be next.
Brentpierce is offline   Reply With Quote