Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-14-2019, 12:16 AM   #1
learningthewrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 443128
Cool Have begun my 6speed w/ r180 swap

I wasn't looking to do this swap for another year or so but recently my 5speed has decided it doesn't like it's gears anymore.

The Vehicle I'm going to put this in is a 170k miles 2006 WRX Wagon w/ TBE catless and tune

What I have so far:
2007 parts

6SPEED TRANSMISSION SN: TY856WW8MD (the one with the shorter 3rd gear)
R180 LSD REAR DIFFERENTIAL

Flywheel
SLAVE CYLINDER
SHIFTER ASSEMBLY
FRONT & REAR BREMBO CALIPERS/ROTOR/PADS
FRONT AND REAR 5X114.3HUBS/KNUCKLES/SPINDLES
FRONT AND REAR STRUTS ASSEMBLY
LATERAL LINKS
DRIVE SHAFT
FRONT AND REAR R180 AXLES
TRANSMISSION CROSS-MEMBER (cradle)
Enkei M52 Black Matte Wheels 480-775-6550BK 5x114.3 17x7.5 +50
Here's a picture of most of the parts:
https://i.postimg.cc/PJFWKh51/s-l1600.jpg

I'm trying to iron out the details of the DCCD portion. I've read various things like without the controller it's considered in "lock" mode and that isn't very good to do for some reason? I've also read that you can't really integrate the STI OEM DCCD due to a lot of missing sensors. You can hook up the wheel for manual mode but that is it.

From what it seems is the only options are:
DCCDPRO (Spiider)
MAPDDCCD

Seems as though DCCD UNIVERSAL CONTROLLER (SPIIDER) OR the MapDCCD are the ways to go. I ended up going with the MapDCCD as it seems like a much better product.

(I cant seem to find the Neetronics DCCD sold anywhere anymore.)
I'm very curious as to why it is bad to run in 'locked' mode and if just hooking up the thumb wheel would be better??
Being locked and turning at slow speeds puts excessive wear on drivetrain and may bind things up.

Lastly, I'm trying to find a good place to get a clutch as the ACT P/PL-M Heavy Duty - SB019 is still attached to the flywheel. I'm not sure of it's condition and never really heard of anyone just replacing the disc. I'll probably just get a cheapo one on rockauto

If you have any advice or any type of input I'd sincerely appreciate to read it!!

*Disclamer*I am not a mechanic and I'll be doing this myself with a couple friends here and there.
Thanks NASIOC for having the information to make this kind of thing possible (I just wish a lot of the pictures didn't decay lol.)

Last edited by learningthewrx; 11-16-2019 at 02:27 AM.
learningthewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2019, 12:11 AM   #2
learningthewrx
Scooby Newbie

**Update**
Alright, I've installed everything. Feels great, pretty straight forward, working on editing my write up of my experience.

I'm working on fixing some wiring kinks and maybe someone has some insight. My reverse lights are not working
My MAPDCCD is not showing current lock % when in auto or in any of the maps.
Because of this I was thinking maybe I have the NPS and the reverse light sensor swapped. But looking at how the switches work that would mean if I did, whenever I'm in neutral my would reverse lights ought to come on?

I've plugged into MAPDCCD directly and I can see my handbrake & pedal break, RPM, TPS work, and Speed all work.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I can't think of a way to easily test this. I was thinking if you can log NPS but am unsure.

Last edited by learningthewrx; 12-16-2019 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
Crispy 1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478948
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
02' WRX
SRP

I could be wrong but I think some cars have the nps wired opposite of others so you may just need to rewire it.
Crispy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
learningthewrx
Scooby Newbie

I believe NPS works fine. If cruise control is on and I push the car into neutral cruise control shuts off. I read somewhere on here thats a good way to test it.

I think I need to check/maybe modify the wiring for reverse.