Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 2, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-15-2021, 03:35 AM   #1
Baru-barage469
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518883
Default 2006 wrx wont install accessport

So i got my cobb v3 accessport brand new un-married from a performance shop in quebec awhile back and went to install it in my car and it said "error unknown rom detected". I have checked that the cable is firmly plugged in and the accessport has the most recent firmware.

so I took it to an autoshop in southern BC. as im from the north and dont have an autoshop capable of doing a pro-tune. So i figured i would just get the shop to install it aswell along with a new fuel pump, injector cleaning, tune up and dyno run.

the shop said they couldnt figure out how to install the accessport either which is strange considering one of the things they specialize in is pro-tunes. So im thinking i need to maybe reflash the ecu back to stock ( which the closest dealership said they couldnt/wouldnt do) so im able to install the accessport ?? Can i do this myself?? and what kind of tools(tactrix cable , computer ect.) do i need to do so??

Any help guys greatly appreciated as its been months and cant seem to get this resolved
Baru-barage469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
ElroyDanabe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 429521
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2015 STI
white

I usually find this error when a speed density rom has been flashed on the car previously. The accessport cant/wont overwrite it.

Was the car modified when you bought it? Any history of the car from previous owner? Maybe a speed density patch was used for launch control and flat foot shifting etc. if no other mods.

You would need to get a set of defs loaded on EcuFlash that match whatever custom rom was on there. I would try MerpMods def tables which can be found on Github using a google search. My suggestion is to find someone in your area who is experienced with Tactrix and the supporting software. Have them try to read the rom, save it, transfer any needed tables to a factory rom so the car will still start and drive. Again, not sure if your car is modded (injectors, 3 port, etc.)

hope this helps.
ElroyDanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
jvh22a
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34368

i had a similar problem. it was believed that my ecu was tuned with either ecutek. without removing it AP couldnt be installed. i got another stock ecu and tried again and it worked.
jvh22a is offline   Reply With Quote