Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #101
Latin.pitbull
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518381

Only if someone would commit to making a PNP harness.I would if I was confident and experienced to do so,but electrical is not my thing.
On those 10 pin connectors there is a 10 pcs minimum.You need 2 for yourself And are left with enough connectors to make another 4 and offer them for sale.I wouldn’t mind contributing to that to get the ball rolling if someone committed to making it.I was hoping Andrew_l_s would make them since he offered a PNP harness for the front camera and already invested in a crimper. Some one please make this harness so I can order the folding mirrors.
Latin.pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2020, 05:47 PM   #102
joshcastorillo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518663
Default Mod

Nice mod man! I really appreciate you sending out actual instructions making it a fairly easier diy for newbies wanting power folding mirrors
joshcastorillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:35 PM   #103
andrew_l_s
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446616
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin.pitbull View Post
Only if someone would commit to making a PNP harness.I would if I was confident and experienced to do so,but electrical is not my thing.
On those 10 pin connectors there is a 10 pcs minimum.You need 2 for yourself And are left with enough connectors to make another 4 and offer them for sale.I wouldn't mind contributing to that to get the ball rolling if someone committed to making it.I was hoping Andrew_l_s would make them since he offered a PNP harness for the front camera and already invested in a crimper. Some one please make this harness so I can order the folding mirrors.

I'm doing some digging into it, stay tuned.

Also looking at the possibility of swapping power folding mirrors from the 2020 Ascent. They're the updated mirror design that's more aerodynamic for less wind noise and readily available from US suppliers.

AND the parts exist to put the Side View Monitor cam on the passenger side mirror
andrew_l_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #104
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
64 Impala

Any updates??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_l_s View Post

Also looking at the possibility of swapping power folding mirrors from the 2020 Ascent. They're the updated mirror design that's more aerodynamic for less wind noise and readily available from US suppliers.

AND the parts exist to put the Side View Monitor cam on the passenger side mirror
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #105
Subie Muchacho
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490151
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_l_s View Post

Impatiently waiting I still have my JDM w/BSM mirrors waiting to be installed I’m a super fan of plug-an-play mods.

Ascent info is interesting.
Subie Muchacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #106
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519370
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

So basically for 2017 and newer wrxs that aren't the limited trim, we just need to repin the d84/83 kick panel footwell harness to pins 24 and 25 using the diagram from @ajsti24 and then follow directions from OP to get everything working?
blueberryapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #107
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 218339
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
Warning: Not an easy install on 2017+ WRX/STi's due to subaru revised/rewired the door side mirror connector to receive the Blind Spot Monitor function on the mirror lens. I think 2015-2016 Model years should be ok with this mod, just re-pinning only on the mirror side connectors. Next, you need to make room for the JDM mirror switch in the driver side window switch trim.

This is the BSM wiring diagram on the side mirror door harness/connector: You need to rewire the Light green wire/Black wire Pin#2 and #6 (Connector D5/D15) and connect/tap to the door harness/plug pin#25 & #24(D83/D84) respectively. For the driver side plug D84, light green wire(remove from D84 pin#14 and tap/connects to pin#25 (Black with red stripe wire) and the black wire(D15 pin#6), this wire needs to be cut from the mirror plug and ran a new wire through the door harness grommet(PITA) and tap to pin#24 of D84(Blue with red stripe). For passenger side same procedure light green wire re-pin from pin#14(D83) to pin#25 (was left blank from the factory), the black wire(D5 pin#6) same as the driver side, cut and ran a new wire through the door grommet, add a female pin and plug to connector (D83 pin slot#24).

So, found his post on iwsti explaining what wires i need to move and tap into. I was only able to move pin#14(D83 plug) to pin#25 slot and passenger mirror was able to fold close. I was not able to finish up since i ran out of time. So, im guessing it should be wire like this:

Driver side:
-D84 plug
remove pin#14(Light green) and tap into pin#25
-D15 plug
pin#6(Black), cut and run a new wire and tap into pin#24(Blue with red stripe) on D84 plug

Passenger side:
-D83
remove pin#14(Light green) and re pin to pin#25(blank spot from factory)
-D5
pin#6(Black), cut and run new wire and tap into pin#24 on D83 plug

Then the mirrors would be able to fold open and close by pressing the switch on the panel. Hope this sounds correct or hope you can chime in and help out
qnzfinestflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:49 AM   #108
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzfinestflip View Post
So, found his post on iwsti explaining what wires i need to move and tap into. I was only able to move pin#14(D83 plug) to pin#25 slot and passenger mirror was able to fold close. I was not able to finish up since i ran out of time. So, im guessing it should be wire like this:

Driver side:
-D84 plug
remove pin#14(Light green) and tap into pin#25
-D15 plug
pin#6(Black), cut and run a new wire and tap into pin#24(Blue with red stripe) on D84 plug

Passenger side:
-D83
remove pin#14(Light green) and re pin to pin#25(blank spot from factory)
-D5
pin#6(Black), cut and run new wire and tap into pin#24 on D83 plug

Then the mirrors would be able to fold open and close by pressing the switch on the panel. Hope this sounds correct or hope you can chime in and help out
Yup you're spot on. I DMed him last week and he said pretty much the same thing. Going to try this mod out this weekend or the next. Are you also planning on installing the auto folding module?
Old 10-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #109
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberryapple View Post
Yup you're spot on. I DMed him last week and he said pretty much the same thing. Going to try this mod out this weekend or the next. Are you also planning on installing the auto folding module?
Yes, Hopefully I could get to wiring it up this weekend.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #110
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Alrighty got everything working thanks to ajsti24's instructions. One gotcha was to actually cut that ground wire and not tap it! I think that's how I ended up burning the fuse lol. Anyways after replacing the fuse it worked.

Tapping into the D83/84 plug was a major pain and I ended up having to solder it on since there wasn't much room to use a t-tap or positap. You should probably use a 20 awg wire, the fuse is rated to 7.5 amps. Definitely would be nice if anyone figures out which pin these plugs need.

The auto folding module is actually extremely simple to install. You just need to take the black wire at pin 1 from the 16 pin plug that goes into the main window switch and the white green wire from the 3 pin plug that also goes to the main window switch and route those two to the empty white 2 pin plug that comes with the module. Take care to follow the instruction manuals when releasing and repinning these; it gets kind of tricky. Then route the black wire back to the 16 pin and the red to the 3 pin. You also need to tap into the red/green-blue wire with the black t-tap they provide. Then everything should work. The review on japanparts with the pictures and ajsti24's post on iwsti really helped.

Somehow the main window switch for the passenger side stopped working for me. This might be the fact that I blew the 7.5 amp fuse since I didn't initially cut the ground wire. If anyone experienced anything similar in the past, please help ^^.

Last edited by blueberryapple; 11-01-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #111
Fishy_Dish
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519873

thats awesome
Fishy_Dish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #112
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Okay so I figured out why the main window switch wasn't working for the passenger side! I just needed to reset the window switch following this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXfAKIOxLPQ
Old 11-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #113
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Nice, i still haven't gotten to mess with it yet but I'm guessing on the passenger side D5 to D83 plug is not tapping but running a new wire?
Old 11-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #114
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzfinestflip View Post
Nice, i still haven't gotten to mess with it yet but I'm guessing on the passenger side D5 to D83 plug is not tapping but running a new wire?
You need to run a wire for both sides and tap it to pin 24 for the driver side and connect it to pin 24 for the passenger side. I would recommend getting a wire that's a bit stiffer and maybe lube up the wire so it slides easier because it can get stuck inside the bundle of other wires as you're pushing it through the rubber grommet connecting the door compartment to the footwell kickpanel compartment. I've labeled ajsti24's pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/iiHxEdK

Last edited by blueberryapple; 11-03-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #115
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberryapple View Post
You need to run a wire for both sides and tap it to pin 24 for the driver side and connect it to pin 24 for the passenger side. I would recommend getting a wire that's a bit stiffer and maybe lube up the wire so it slides easier because it can get stuck inside the bundle of other wires as you're pushing it through the rubber grommet connecting the door compartment to the footwell kickpanel compartment. I've labeled ajsti24's pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/iiHxEdK
Thanks for the help! I was able to finish up the passenger side wiring and works like a charm, hopefully getting the wiring done for the driver side this weekend and install the auto fold module as well.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:47 PM   #116
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

So finally got around and finished the wiring, got everything working as it should. Just need to install the auto folding module and ill be set but really happy that i got it working and with the help from this thread
Old 11-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #117
ajsti24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345666
Vehicle:
2019 S209, 22 WRX

Glad your installs are doin well, feel free to PM me for any questions and will try to help out as much as i can. Cheers!
ajsti24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #118
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Are you guys using the jdm wide angle mirrors too?
Old 11-19-2020, 11:34 PM   #119
qnzfinestflip
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue Pearl

Yeah but had installed the prova lens on them
Old 11-29-2020, 07:13 PM   #120
Kahl23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516834
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2020 WRX
Lapis Blue

For anyone who's looking to build their own adapter harness, Corsa Technic now has the USDM connectors in stock: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=1436
Kahl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #121
_andre_j
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 435783
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
Glad your installs are doin well, feel free to PM me for any questions and will try to help out as much as i can. Cheers!
Currently trying to install these on my 2018 Ltd.

I really need help knowing what pins go in what socket location. I depinned the JDM 12 pin socket to repin into the USDM 10 pin socket but so far all I can get working is the mirror motor and turn signals...the actual folding and unfolding is still not functioning.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
_andre_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #122
Woice
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 399840
Vehicle:
2015 6Spd LimitedWRX
Crystal White Pearl

Would anyone happen to have any of the old Imgur photos saved? Nothing is showing up anymore.. I have a 2015 wrx limited. I purchased the SMY Performance power folding mirror kit. The website lead me here but seems like all the photos no longer work.

I have the housing, the auto folding module w/ wiring, and the trim panel w/ the switch.
Woice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:05 AM   #123
Mdas1226
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527264
Default Any update

Quote:
Originally Posted by _andre_j View Post
Currently trying to install these on my 2018 Ltd.

I really need help knowing what pins go in what socket location. I depinned the JDM 12 pin socket to repin into the USDM 10 pin socket but so far all I can get working is the mirror motor and turn signals...the actual folding and unfolding is still not functioning.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the same issue we're you able to resolve the issue. I didn't purchase the auto fold module.
Mdas1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #124
_andre_j
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 435783
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdas1226 View Post
I'm having the same issue we're you able to resolve the issue. I didn't purchase the auto fold module.
I have actually made some progress with this, yes. I've been able to identify all of the wires on the driver side and the main wires on the passenger side. Hopefully this can get you closer to completing your install.

Note: during the de-pinning process, I did crack the housing of the USDM 10 pin connector; so have soldered quick connects for my wires now.

Driver Side Car to Mirror Wires

Brown w/ white stripe (car) to blue (mirror)
Brown w/ blue stripe (car) to pink (mirror)
Blue (car) to purple (mirror)
Red w/ blue stripe (car) to black (mirror)
Black (car) to white (mirror)
White w/ red stripe (car) to green (mirror)

Passenger Side Car to Mirror Wires

Red w/ blue stripe (car) to black (mirror)
Black (car) to white/black (mirror)
Blue w/ white stripe (car) to purple (mirror)
Red w/ white stripe (car) to pink (mirror)
_andre_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:29 PM   #125
Latin.pitbull
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518381

Has any 1 made a plug and play harness yet?
Latin.pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote