Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-27-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
Denver1357
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 440954
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi

Default Amp turn on

Hey All,

I have a 2016 STi Limited with the Starlink radio that has the nav features built in.

I have wanted to have the radio stay on after I have turned the car off and have the radio turn off when I open the driver's door. I have followed this schematic here: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram30.html

It works great but I don't get any sound. My guess is that the factory amp is not staying on after I turn the car off with this modification.

Does anyone know how and where the factory amp turn on connection is?

Thanks for all the help.
Denver1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
Denver1357
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 440954
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi

Hello All,

I finally found a method to turn the amp on. This is the factory amp mounted to the rear parcel shelf. There are 3 connectors that go to the amp. On pin 12 of the 24 pin connector is a light blue wire that is the accessory power supply which turns the amp on. If you supply that pin with +12 volts, then the amp turns on.

You will need to add a blocking diode to prevent your added +12 volts from back feeding all of the accessory circuits in the car.

It now works just like some of the newer models, the head unit is powered until I open the drivers door.
Denver1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #3
Diavolo_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522840

awesome to hear you got that sorted out!
Diavolo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
psorgi12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523362
Default Similar issues...

DESPERATELY seeking a simple 2-channel LOC (Auto Zone purchase) to factory head unit/radio wiring diagram, I've cut and combined every single possible combination of wires and am running out of harness wire, not to mention currently I have the amp turning on NOT in protected mode, but the head unit is now dark... HELP!
psorgi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #5
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
64 Impala

stop thread jacking and make your own thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psorgi12 View Post
DESPERATELY seeking a simple 2-channel LOC (Auto Zone purchase) to factory head unit/radio wiring diagram, I've cut and combined every single possible combination of wires and am running out of harness wire, not to mention currently I have the amp turning on NOT in protected mode, but the head unit is now dark... HELP!
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:10 AM   #6
psorgi12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523362
Default My bad...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
stop thread jacking and make your own thread...
Dang, dude - harsh! Just trying to get my three comments done as a new user before I could...
psorgi12 is offline   Reply With Quote