Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #1
KnoxBox
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523552
Default Dealership and car problems

If you don't care about the back story skip this paragraph. So I took my car to the dealership to get it looked at for an oil leak, they told me it was the sub oil pan or upper oil pan seal. I did my own clutch and I let them know and still they said it would be covered under warranty. So they went to do the warranty work and everything was going fine until they found a crack on the sub pan. They told me that it was cause of my clutch job and I'd have to pay 2800 to repair it or 1000$ for me to get my car back together since it wasn't covered anymore. I complained because it's not my fault they told me it would me covered and then suddenly it was fine to just put it back together for free. They argued but ended up doing it. So I went to go pick up my car and they mentioned a bracket was missing on the turbo for the exhaust (I think it's the same bracket that holds the o2 sensor wire down) so here what's been going on....

As soon as I got off the highway and came to my first stop, I put it into neutral and suddenly the rmps slowly started climbing up to about 2500-3000. I gave it a Rev and it dropped down to like 500 RMP struggled to stay alive and slowly climbed back to 2500+ RMP

The car basically idles at 2000+ RMP now and occasionally drops and usually drops and struggles to survive if I Rev it but always climbs back up.

Back to the dealership, they are trying to blame the bracket for this saying it cause a exhaust leak before the turbo. They were very aggressive towards me and refused to fix it. I'm wondering what it could be they did pull the engine to get at the sub pan and I think he cut some hoses. Not sure if everything was put back on properly. And am unsure what could be causing my idle to act so funny and be so high. It's not an exhaust leak like the dealership says because no exhaust is leaking.

I unplugged my o2 sensors and started it and the car ran the same. I unplugged the mass airflow sensor and it still ran very funny but sat around 1500rmp I didn't wanna Rev it without the mas so yeah... I'm in a pickle here.

Any info would help even anything to diagnose this it's definitely a fueling or air issue... Atleast that's what I think.

No engine lights or anything (untill I unplugged stuff but I'm going to do a scan with my AP and clear them.)

I'll try and get a video when it's light out.

Thanks again

Edit: 2017 WRX FA20DIT

Last edited by KnoxBox; 04-07-2021 at 09:28 PM.
KnoxBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links