Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Tribeca Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
scot3818
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122994
Default B9 line-in step by step (with photos)

As promised, here is a step by step guide on how to install a line-in cable to a B9 (without the RSE option installed).

Step 1: prepare the audio cable, in my case I used an RCA-3.5mm cable and cut the RCA jacks off. I twisted the grounds from both sides together.

Naturally you'll need 3 wires, a ground, a left and a right. You can start by stiffening up the wires by soldering some thicker wire to them.

Step 2: Pull the trim off the passenger side so you can acccess the screws for the radio/climate panel

You start on the right side and either pull (quite) hard on it, or by inserting a plastic gap opener into the side and pulling it off.

With the trim removed you'll see the first screw.

Step 4:

Pull the decorative cover off the gear changer, either by hand, or with a plastic wedge

Step 5: Pull the whole gear cover off:

You'll now see 2 more screws for the radio panel.

Step 6:

Pull the small piece of trim off to the right of the wheel, you'll need a wedge again (if you don't have a wedge try a flat screwdriver with some duct tape over the blade to prevent scratching your car

You will now see all 4 screws:

Step 7:

Disconnect the 2 connectors that lead to the radio/climate panel

Step 8:

Remove the 4 screws holding the radio in place:

scot3818 is offline   Reply With Quote