Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #1
TxFxL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212702
Vehicle:
2018 Impreza Premium
Grey

Default Looking to Upgrade MFD on Impreza Premium

I did my best to search to make sure this hadn’t been covered and couldn’t find a direct answer, I saw a lot of info about swapping the 18 MFD into older models but not between the same model year. If I just buy a new MFD and try it but they’re pretty steep $

My question is if I buy the limited trim level MFD and install it in my premium level Impreza will I gain all the functionality?

It looks like both MFD’s have the same 24 pin connector, I’m hoping it would be a direct swap and it would be plug and play for functionality.

I’m looking to gain the maintenance screens as well as the other functions of the MFD. Eventually I’d like to upgrade to the automatic climate control as well which I think would be adding the limited level climate control panel and possibly the interior temperature sensor, I have the little spot for it in the dash but not sure if the sensor is behind it, if anyone had that info as well that would be great

Thanks in advance
TxFxL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2021, 05:50 PM   #2
TxFxL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212702
Vehicle:
2018 Impreza Premium
Grey

So slight update.

You can feel behind where the interior temperature sensor is.

I could feel behind the dash on my wife’s ‘19 forester limited and she has a sensor there, I felt behind the dash on my ‘18 premium Impreza and there is no sensor there so I’d most likely need that for the auto climate upgrade
TxFxL is offline   Reply With Quote