Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
dstrand1990
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519786
Default 06 legacy... No headlights... Signals... Reverse lights

Hello forum! I have an 06 legacy 2.5i limited... No low beams, no brights(doesnt even light up on the dash), no turn signals, no reverse lights. Airbag lit up on dash. 'ign' flashing on the clock. No response from overhead contols(sunroof). No power to heated seats.The climate control has never worked but the radio sometimes does. I have the premium changer that ive taken apart a few times with no success/contacts and connector..I disconnected the drl box in the past but i plugged it back in. All fuses are good... Was trying to replace the high/low relays under the hood only to come out bloody. New battery and alternator and all new bulbs. Hazsrds do work... problem used to be intermittent...now its full time. Iv gone from having no heat to having no heat and no headlights and signals...good thing my old sus is still running..Thanks so much guys!
dstrand1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
serrilion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 348982
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 TS
Multi

This almost sounds like ya have a critter causing havoc behind your dash with your wiring harness. You could use a multi meter and see if the wires are even getting power at fuse location as odviously things like the lights are not working and the harness normaly runs along top of the front fenders. You could remove the inner fender liner and make sure its in good shape.
serrilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:26 PM   #3
Jerfunk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520442
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Steel Grey Mettalic

Check all your grounds too. I had one on my forester that rusted off and caused some bizarre electrical gremlins.
Jerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #4
pakamper
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521473

Any codes being thrown? I have only been an owner for a little over a year and these symptoms sound like a body control module (BCM) issue. Or if there is a control module for the center stack like a radio control module. Other ideas include bad grounds and critters chewing your wires. Could easily be some shorting going on here. To test for a short you would need a multimeter. I would be testing 2 areas. Set your meter to ohms and measure the resistance between a known ground wire/ exposed metal ground near test site, and then with the other lead testing each signal wire going to the gauge cluster and the BCM/Center stack module. If you see the resistance anywhere below 1000ohms (will usually be in the 1-100ohm range), you have a short. I would start with the BCM.
pakamper is offline   Reply With Quote