Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-01-2021, 10:24 PM   #1
rlew21
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 395708
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatch
Silver

Default Coil/plug combo for hybrid build

I finally got my motor back together and in the car. Only problem is it doesn't run The engine turns over fine and appears to be making decent compression (at least on the passenger side, still need to check a cylinder on the drivers side)

The car is an 08WRX with the stock ECU. The heads are V7 EJ207 with the IAG CNCed combustion chamber bringing them out to the right bore for the 2.5L bottom end. I need to figure out which plugs/boots/coilpacks I should be running. The build has spanned a few years so my memory is rusty on this particular part. I reached out to IAG and didn't get a very convincing answer (at least not enough to drop $500 on new coils that might not work with my ECU). It also doesn't look like I can change the dwell or anything like that in the tune using AccessTuner Race.

Anyways, for 2L heads chambered to 2.5L diameter with an 08WRX which plugs and coils should I be running? Also do I need to mix and match boots/coils?

I have a feeling the right combo would be the 2.5L plugs which don't stick out into the head like the 2L ones do, the 2.5L coilpacks and whichever boots let them slip snugly onto the plugs. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Ryan

Last edited by rlew21; 05-02-2021 at 11:56 AM.
rlew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2021, 05:50 PM   #2
rlew21
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 395708
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatch
Silver

Update! The car runs, turns out the silicone boot under the intercooler was loose and messing up the MAF readings. Gotta remember to check the basics!

I'm using cheapo amazon coilpacks but could still use advice on which coilpacks would be right now that I can justify spending the money to get the subaru ones since I don't want to run those for more than driving around the block (or in a roadside emergency)
rlew21 is offline   Reply With Quote