Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #1
ZoomZoomWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523871
Question Question Regarding Wiring For Battery Sensor

I have a 2015 Subaru WRX Base model and some rascally rabbits chewed through the wire connected to the box attached to my negative battery cable. I looked into what that wire does and it appears to be for sensing the health of the battery. I am having a hard time finding this piece and am looking for workarounds since the connector was destroyed and I cannot find this piece at any salvage yards.

I am not mechanically inclined but if I have some direction I can figure this out. I need help either finding this part or a work-around to get this wire connected to the box attached to the ground cable. For clarification it is a white wire and blue wire with a connector at the end that plugs into the box. I no longer have that part.

Help?

Edit: After doing research I have found it is a wire in the bulkhead harness. It is a 2 pin connector that connects to battery sensor part number: 29182AA01A. Further research shows the connector is likely made from Sumitomo or Yazaki but I cannot identify the connector needed for this piece despite diving through user/service manuals. It is a male 2 pin connector plug that I am looking to replace.

Last edited by ZoomZoomWRX; 04-23-2021 at 05:35 PM.
ZoomZoomWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #2
Diavolo_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522840

where are you located?
that will help us find a source for parts for you, and perhaps even a local person to make repairs if necessary.

to be clear: the plug got broken off and is missing?
Diavolo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #3
ZoomZoomWRX
Scooby Newbie

I was able to get the connector out of the box attached to the terminal. I am missing that 2 pin connector now. I am located in Chandler Arizona.

I need the 2 pin connector and I have spare wiring if I need to use that. The battery sensor box appears to be fine and should work with a new 2 pin connector.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
AliBenn
Scooby Guru

Member#: 487
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1998 /2005 STunIcorn
Acadia Green USDM 22b

As insurance adjuster for 23yrs
Chewed wires are a covered loss
Assuming you have COMP coverage

Most likely that section is only available as an assembly from Subaru
Guessing engine harness like $300

The thing is, yes u see that damage, but what if there are more wires chewed?
GL
AliBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
ZoomZoomWRX
Scooby Newbie

I spoke with subaru since their parts page diagrams weren't showing that wire in the engine harness. Their parts rep said it appears to be a part of the front bulk assembly which is like 1300$ from them. Everything else ran with a new battery for a short time but not reading that sensor drained the battery and threw the computer into a fit. I am fairly certain the only damage was to this one set of wires connected to the battery sensor.

I can't find any 2 pin connectors unfortunately so I am checking with iwire and here for help.

Edit: All wires the bunnies would have access to appear to be visible when looking from different angles. They sat on the motor when chewing which only had one part of the wiring destroyed. The rest of the wiring was visible and protected.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #6
ZoomZoomWRX
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Iwire came in clutch and had the piece for only 25 buckaroos. Was able to reconnect the battery sensor! Unfortunately car still does not work.