Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > New Product Development

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 141043
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Default MAPerformance Stage 1+ Package for 15-17 STI Now Available!

2015+ STI Stage 1+ Package

MAPerformance is proud to announce the release of our Stage 1+ package for the 15+ STI’s! As some of you may be aware, MAPerformance has been providing OTS tunes developed in house for a few of our popular platforms ranging from Stage 1 tunes for stock vehicles, to vehicles equipped with our hard parts. With that being said, I can’t ignore the most common question I get on a daily basis…. “What intake works with your Stage 1 tune?” To answer that, we need to look at how an aftermarket intake can affect the calibration of both the factory tune, or an aftermarket tune.

It should be no surprise to the Subaru community that installing an aftermarket intake on these cars isn’t always as easy as bolting one on, and enjoying the immediate power increase and drivability. Since the EJ’s utilize a MAF sensor for load/airmass calculations, there are a few things that can affect how the car will respond with an aftermarket intake installed. From piping size (diameter and length), to MAF placement, can all have an affect on MAF readings. This is especially the case with our MAP intake, which utilizes a full 3” mandrel bent stainless pipe. With the larger pipe diameter and MAF housing, tuning will be required. Fortunately, MAPerformance has developed a tune specifically for the use of our intake system. The MAPerformance Stage 1+ tune will be free with the purchase of the Accessport and intake from us. Already purchased the Accessport from us? No problem. The tune will also be included with the purchase of the intake separately. Before we get to the dyno plots, let’s take a look at some of the features of the intake:
  • 304 Stainless steel mandrel bent pipe
  • Stainless steel heat shield
  • 6” Cone filter by Green Filters USA
  • 6” velocity stack
  • Intake silencer cap
  • All installation hardware included
  • Fabricated here in Minnesota!
  • Free OTS Stage 1+ tune included (91 and 93 octane available)*

*MAP’s Stage 1+ tune is to be used with the MAP intake only, and cars using the factory downpipe.

Now let’s take a look at the results below:
Car in testing is a 2016 STI using 93 octane fuel. No other modifications except the MAP intake and tune. Please forgive the “break” in some of the runs. Unfortunately we were having issues with our tach lead on these runs.

Blue line is completely stock
Red line is our MAP Stage 1 93 octane tune with stock hardware
Green line is our MAP Stage 1+ 93 octane tune with the addition of the intake

Feel free to email me or PM me with any questions at all!

Thanks for reading,
-Ian
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
187STi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483531

Quote:
Originally Posted by maperformance View Post

2015+ STI Stage 1+ Package

MAPerformance is proud to announce the release of our Stage 1+ package for the 15+ STI’s! As some of you may be aware, MAPerformance has been providing OTS tunes developed in house for a few of our popular platforms ranging from Stage 1 tunes for stock vehicles, to vehicles equipped with our hard parts. With that being said, I can’t ignore the most common question I get on a daily basis…. “What intake works with your Stage 1 tune?” To answer that, we need to look at how an aftermarket intake can affect the calibration of both the factory tune, or an aftermarket tune.

It should be no surprise to the Subaru community that installing an aftermarket intake on these cars isn’t always as easy as bolting one on, and enjoying the immediate power increase and drivability. Since the EJ’s utilize a MAF sensor for load/airmass calculations, there are a few things that can affect how the car will respond with an aftermarket intake installed. From piping size (diameter and length), to MAF placement, can all have an affect on MAF readings. This is especially the case with our MAP intake, which utilizes a full 3” mandrel bent stainless pipe. With the larger pipe diameter and MAF housing, tuning will be required. Fortunately, MAPerformance has developed a tune specifically for the use of our intake system. The MAPerformance Stage 1+ tune will be free with the purchase of the Accessport and intake from us. Already purchased the Accessport from us? No problem. The tune will also be included with the purchase of the intake separately. Before we get to the dyno plots, let’s take a look at some of the features of the intake:
  • 304 Stainless steel mandrel bent pipe
  • Stainless steel heat shield
  • 6” Cone filter by Green Filters USA
  • 6” velocity stack
  • Intake silencer cap
  • All installation hardware included
  • Fabricated here in Minnesota!
  • Free OTS Stage 1+ tune included (91 and 93 octane available)*

*MAP’s Stage 1+ tune is to be used with the MAP intake only, and cars using the factory downpipe.

Now let’s take a look at the results below:
Car in testing is a 2016 STI using 93 octane fuel. No other modifications except the MAP intake and tune. Please forgive the “break” in some of the runs. Unfortunately we were having issues with our tach lead on these runs.

Blue line is completely stock
Red line is our MAP Stage 1 93 octane tune with stock hardware
Green line is our MAP Stage 1+ 93 octane tune with the addition of the intake

Feel free to email me or PM me with any questions at all!

Thanks for reading,
-Ian
I already have a Cobb AP. If i purchase the MAP intake, will i still get a free MAP stage 1+ tune?
187STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 141043
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Yes sir! As long as it's purchased new from us, we will throw in the tune at no extra cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187STi View Post
I already have a Cobb AP. If i purchase the MAP intake, will i still get a free MAP stage 1+ tune?
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote