Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
kgozi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489048
Post JDM Transmission binding, Suretrac, Version 8.

Looking for some guidance here, I have a JDM STI (full version 8) swapped STI with A.P suretrac transmission. Car drives fine and corners fine, only binding at slow speeds.

I used 3/4 Motul gear 300 and 1/4 of Amsoil synchromesh. I'm experiencing more binding than usual.

Does anyone recommend a fluid that makes the DCCD 'more happy'

My theory is possibly adding the Amsoil synchromesh is the issue, as the weight of that oil is 15w while the motul/OEM is 75w. It would decrease the overall weight by adding that syncromesh.

Sorted- Stock DCCD module is made for the 06 USDM sti drivetrain which is 45/55 power split but the version8 jdm drivetrain is 35/65 powersplit. So I need an aftermarket controller like MAP dccd to fix this and it has.

Last edited by kgozi; 01-08-2022 at 10:05 PM.
kgozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=995498

Do not play Mr. Wizard with your transmission fluid as you know not what you do.

Fluid bears no role in making your DCCD happy, you keeping the switch in Auto bears the role in making it happy. Keep it in Auto.

People have been messing with the 6MT for more than a decade. If you want to fill it with Wesson Oil and roll that DCCD switch, go on with your bad self! If you want to have a quiet and happy drivetrain, you will fill it with OEM fluid or Redline Lightweight Shockproof and keep that DCCD switch in Auto and smoke cigarettes as the right fluid (after 10+ years of testing) and a 16 bit ECU (The brain in the Auto position) is a lot smarter than you and I for what makes your transmission happy.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:35 PM   #3
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
64 Impala

what ever you're doing ....don't do that lol
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:21 PM   #4
kgozi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489048
Default 75w90ns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=995498

Do not play Mr. Wizard with your transmission fluid as you know not what you do.

Fluid bears no role in making your DCCD happy, you keeping the switch in Auto bears the role in making it happy. Keep it in Auto.

People have been messing with the 6MT for more than a decade. If you want to fill it with Wesson Oil and roll that DCCD switch, go on with your bad self! If you want to have a quiet and happy drivetrain, you will fill it with OEM fluid or Redline Lightweight Shockproof and keep that DCCD switch in Auto and smoke cigarettes as the right fluid (after 10+ years of testing) and a 16 bit ECU (The brain in the Auto position) is a lot smarter than you and I for what makes your transmission happy.
Only had that mix in for a few drives, its already drained on jackstands.

Interesting that I always hear good about the Redline Lightweight Shockproof over the Redline 75W90NS GL-5. I found that quite strange as their standard formula is GL-5 unlike the shockproof, they also have a Gl-4 rated mix.

I will most likely give the oem a go since I already have some, redline is on the list.
kgozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #5
Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Redline Lightweight Shockproof, whatever you read on the bottle is NOT the Subaru spec for transmission fluid. They even used to legit say "Don't use in a Subaru transmission you dickbutt" on the bottle. Then, many big names did some Mr. Wizard with it and found out it was terrific other than the price. Most of my changes have been 75 to 100% redline in my 5MT and I can downshift into first gear at 100 MPH....many people can't do that at 2MPH.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote