Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #1
cordsey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508319
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

Default 2.5i DRLs keep blowing

I don’t know if anyone has had this issue, but my DRL bulb on the passenger side keeps blowing. I tried fixing it by putting in a LED with a built in Canbus decoder, but they blew as well in a couple of months. Every time I check the socket has both power and ground. It seems to me like it surges them out but I could be wrong. Any ideas?
cordsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2022, 08:24 AM   #2
Shiloh51933
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498320
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 9-2x Aero
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordsey View Post
I don’t know if anyone has had this issue, but my DRL bulb on the passenger side keeps blowing. I tried fixing it by putting in a LED with a built in Canbus decoder, but they blew as well in a couple of months. Every time I check the socket has both power and ground. It seems to me like it surges them out but I could be wrong. Any ideas?
You need check the actual power source and ground locations. Trace everything from the socket back to fuse location. How does the actual plug look? Is the plug burnt or melted?
Shiloh51933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:53 PM   #3
cordsey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

The plug is fairly bad, but from what I can tell it should still be making connection, are they known for deforming during use?
Old 04-21-2022, 11:22 PM   #4
cordsey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

I soldered in a new one a little bit ago, then my internet cut out when I got a chance to get back here, but it seems to have worked, it hasn’t blown this bulb yet. The LED was fried though.