Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
bellalyssa
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 348792
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS(Ti)
Sedona Red

Default Austin Subaru in Austin, TX

I've already posted a Yelp review about this, but I wanted to let those in the Subaru family know about the issues I've had with Austin Subaru in Austin, TX. Read for yourself below and make your own decision, but I advise all of you to stay away and travel to Subaru of Georgetown instead.

-------------

I took my 2013 WRX to Austin Subaru to have a squeaking noise that was emanating from my clutch pedal checked out. My vehicle was modified at the time (a downpipe, an intake and a tune) and I was fully prepared to be responsible for the cost of the repairs in case they discovered a part was damaged due to those modifications. As it turns out, the service department had no problem fixing what turned out to be a bad throwout bearing and didn't even mention the modifications on the vehicle. I left quite satisfied with my experience and decided I would return there if I needed any other work done to my vehicle.

A month or so later, I noticed the same noise coming from my clutch pedal. I made another appointment with Austin Subaru to see if they could track down the source of the problem since it apparently wasn't fixed the first time. I dropped the car off one February morning and received a phone call later that day from my Service Advisor. He informed me that since the vehicle had been modified, I would have to be willing to be on the hook for $1,000 to drop the transmission if they discovered that whatever was wrong with the vehicle was due to abuse. He also mentioned that the vehicle had been reported to Subaru of America for being modified.

I was shocked. I couldn't understand what had changed between now and my previous visit to the service department. The issue that was supposed to have been fixed, seemingly had not, and I had to be ready to spend $1,000 just to drop a transmission should they decide that the problem was due to the modifications on the vehicle or due to "abuse". They wanted to pull the car apart and then decide if I needed to pay $1,000. I'm not a gambling person so I told them not to do anything to the car and that I would be there to pick it up the next day.

When I went in to pick up the vehicle, I spoke to the Service Manager. Not only was he the rudest person I'd spoken to in the service department, but he even refused to re-evaluate the situation and claimed it was "out of his hands" since the car had been reported to Subaru of America. He refused to explain why the vehicle would have been worked on the first time without hesitation or mention of the modifications, and this second visit would cause such a hassle, other than to say "the tech should have reported the vehicle."

I was incredibly frustrated after my conversation with Randy and decided to call Subaru of America to see what my options were. After my conversation with them, I decided that taking my vehicle to Subaru of Georgetown was in my best interest. I dropped the vehicle off to them today and within three hours they'd diagnosed the issue. It turned out to be a seat frame that was needing replacement.

Subaru of Georgetown found the problem and is fixing it under warranty for me, something Austin Subaru seemingly had no desire to do and wanted me to be willing to pay to do something that didn't even need to be done.
bellalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
rohantad
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 456314

I can second the issues with Austin Subaru:

My '15 STI spun a rod bearing and unfortunately the closest dealership to me at the time was Austin Subaru. They took 6 weeks to fix the car when they originally promised it would be done in 2. They also left scratches on the hood and fluid marks on the bumper. I had a hard time communicating with the service department throughout the process and would not recommend them for major service.

With this being said, they recently changed locations and hopefully they have sorted out these issues.

In addition, thankfully they took care of the issues under warranty even though my car was "modified" with a catback exhaust .
rohantad is offline   Reply With Quote