Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #2001
OpFox
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447104
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2017 86
Silver

updated picture of my intake with 2 catch cans.
https://i.imgur.com/x4xLRe1.jpg
OpFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 AM   #2002
JhonMicky
*** Banned ***

Member#: 503876

Hello everyone,,
I have an 07' 2.5i 5M, and was thinking about a CAI or SRI, but wasn't sure it would do what I want. I'd like a bit more pull above about 4K. In the summer with the AC on there is surging at low speed, that would be nice to get rid of. This is my first FI car, and my other is an 86' Chevy, so I'm not up to speed on a lot of the new stuff, and learning what MAP, MAF, and all the other abbreviations are and mean. I usually get into things pretty deep, but have to get up to speed.
reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/
I find it interesting about resonance, and the like. I used to build audio, and horn loaded speakers, and some things with intake and exhaust have reminded me of similarities, so I know a bit about how things may work. I have worked for a co that made microcircut materials, and had a contract to develop materials to use in Fiat's emission controls in the 80's, but just know the basics of the controls.

Was wondering what the "Question Mark" looking tube on the intermediate tube between the torque box and the MAF housing was for? To me it looks like a chamber to divert or reduce pressure from backing up the intake when the throttle is closed. Don't understand what that might do, except maybe get faster response when getting off and on the throttle, unless the valves closing sends a wave back out the intake. Wonder what would happen if that intermediate tube was left in place, and just the torque box was removed?

JM

Last edited by JhonMicky; 08-29-2019 at 04:04 PM.
JhonMicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #2003
cdwahl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 144605
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i Wagon
Satin White Pearl

Default Fb20d?

Has any body done any testing with the newer engines (FB20D)? Will they have the same issues?
cdwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:33 PM   #2004
Soul Shinobi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 130759
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Forester S

I haven't heard any issues with cars after the 2000s, but I'm also curious if someone has tested.
Soul Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #2005
williaty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Given that no one knew about the issue for years back in the day, I'm betting no one has tested it now. That's especially true because modern day Imprezas are NOT a car-guy car anymore so no one who cares to test properly owns one.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #2006
cdwahl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 144605
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i Wagon
Satin White Pearl

Okay thanks, I was curious who would respond here? I have learned a lot from both you over the years thank you!
cdwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:43 AM   #2007
Snoe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520042
Question 98 impreza L 2.2

Hi im not sure if this is an active forum, but I've been having the bogging or lagging issue between 1-2k rpms no codes or check engine lights have been thrown but I know something isn't quite right, I have recently changed the plugs and wires, fuel filter, oil and oil filter, but I can't pinpoint the issue. Ive been reading and keep hearing MAF in a bunch of forums but can't see how it could be the issue if no codes are being thrown ... just to mention a lot of black sut is built up on my exhaust pipe. any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Snoe
Snoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #2008
williaty
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoe View Post
Hi im not sure if this is an active forum, but I've been having the bogging or lagging issue between 1-2k rpms no codes or check engine lights have been thrown but I know something isn't quite right, I have recently changed the plugs and wires, fuel filter, oil and oil filter, but I can't pinpoint the issue. Ive been reading and keep hearing MAF in a bunch of forums but can't see how it could be the issue if no codes are being thrown ... just to mention a lot of black sut is built up on my exhaust pipe. any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Snoe
Your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Start your own thread.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #2009
Enphenate
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 179301

I just purchased a 2007 Impreza 2.5i, it looks like it came with an intake, but I couldnt find any information online about the brand or type.

According to the original post, would this be considered a hybrid intake and is it acceptable to keep in the 2.5i or would it be beneficial to remove it and replace it with the stock parts?

Enphenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #2010
williaty
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphenate View Post
I just purchased a 2007 Impreza 2.5i, it looks like it came with an intake, but I couldnt find any information online about the brand or type.

According to the original post, would this be considered a hybrid intake and is it acceptable to keep in the 2.5i or would it be beneficial to remove it and replace it with the stock parts?

That appears to be a hybrid. You need to check to make sure it's connected to the big plastic jug inside the fender to confirm it was done properly.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:51 PM   #2011
RAV
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 502113

Thank you
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:47 AM   #2012
jacobfan89
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 531679
Question

after much research and came across this wonderful info.
some background, i just purchase a 2008 subaru impreza NA. i have been getting P0172 code, and the previous owner had an AM intake installed. i have changed fuel pump, checking injector, changed MAF sensor. but it still throwing up the code.

recently i learned to look at the data and find out while at idle, i am getting 2.8 to 3.2 g/s for air flow, which after my research is normal. however when i step on the gas, i'm getting 50 g/s, rpm about 3000. i find this sound incredibly similar to what the OP mentioned where MAP is sensing more air than there are actually in the engine. the short term fuel trim is giving me -29 which is indicating a rich condition. once i lift my foot away from gas it will return to normal.

can someone give me some ideas if i should buy a stock air box and change it back? or someone with a 08 impreza NA tell me if 50 g/s is ok at 2000 to 3000 rpm. thanks in advance
jacobfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote