Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-28-2001, 10:32 AM   #1
XBD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7877
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WR Blue

Default .75 to 1.25 quarts overfilled

Ok lastnight I noticed my oil was overfilled, (dealership did the last oil change)...Took it there to get it pumped out,...it looked to me that they removed .75 - 1.25 quarts of oil from the car. Drove the care like 2500 miles before I noticed it was over...question...is .75 - 1.25 quarts over enough oil too do any dmg to the car?

XBD
XBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2001, 11:01 AM   #2
mdntridr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8886
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 Ford Ranger
'05 Honda VTX1300C

Doubt it. If something was going to happen it probably would have already. Blown seals are the most common victim of overfilling, I think. Unless you have oil pouring out of somewhere then I wouldn't sweat it.

Good idea taking it to the dealer though, just in case the warranty comes in to play.

--Greg--
mdntridr is offline   Reply With Quote